Reaction score
No. Not you. Do not worry.
All is well.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Beekissed said:
The fact remains that the rate of autism rose sharply after they increased the required vaccines. That is not merely coincedence. The fact also remains that the preservative used contains mercury, which is a known toxin. Given to infants repeatedly? Common sense tells one that there is a link.
And that was the ONLY thing that changed during that time? I don't know either way, but this seems to be straining logic a bit. Mercury is out now, and has the rate of autism dropped?

Maybe I could just make an observation and then duck and run. This thread has gotten very heated very quickly and actually a little nasty. It seems like a very typical response for a subject that has great fear attached to it, a sense of helplessness and a lack of understanding.

We don't KNOW for sure what causes autism, we are AFRAID of autism and the diseases the vaccines prevent and we feel HELPLESS to change the system very quickly.

As for me and mine, I vaccinated. I was not a very careful health consumer at that point in my life. If I had it to do all over again, my son would NOT have been vaccinated for hep B the day he was born. I would have chosen only those that cause death, not the more minor respiratory diseases or chickenpox. I would have spaced out those I chose to have given to my children and not gone for 4 shots at a time. My daughter will not be vaccinated for HPV until she is old enough to choose it for herself. Thankfully my kids never had reactions to vaccines and have been wonderfully healthy kids.

That said, I have read too many books about abject poverty in other parts of the world to not see the direct link between lack of immunizations and incredibly high death and disease rates (especially Africa). Vaccinations can absolutely change the face of the globe.

I think we all get stuck in this error in logic that says it has to be all good or all bad. Can't vaccines be incredibly useful sometimes, some places and in some methods? And, yes, they can also be abused by pharmaceuticals and government agencies. So, it's our job to find our own ground somewhere in there.
What scares me is the lack of true science or knowledge. You are right me&thegals. There are tons of changes that could effect autism increases at those time.

And just saying common sense don't cut it with me at all....cause people used to look at the horizon and think the world was flat and just dropped off, hmm..common sense looking at the horizon right?

drawing conculsions so basic to me is so dangerous!!

so many do this in alot of areas of their life. They "think" they know and they are so far off it is scary.

Vaccines have done more good than harm definitely to me!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
For all you folks arrogant enough, or is it naive enough?, to believe you can change it...I say, go for it!

Bee--if people thought like you ---there wouldn't be any changes in this world. Great and wonderful changes to better the lives of mankind. Everything you receive was created for you by another without getting involved. You just sit back and watch and don't get involved and TAKE. This is how our country has troubles, people doing nothing.

And when something is created or voted that you don't like you can complain. And you feel you have this right? And to put down those that do?

but if something is created and voted for that you do like you can know that you didn't do a darn thing to help! But enjoy those benefits! :/

Trying to change a political issue, or any other form of activism is not arrogant or naive. It is called participation in your country. Participation in your society and your community and more to me.

Gee--people fought like crazy to get YOU the right to as a women and yet you throw it in their face. Just cause you don't want to vote and don't see a reason for it, those arrogant/naive people got the right to vote for other women that act upon this right and cherish that priviledge.

So if it is NOT important to you, it does not mean it is not important to everyone. That is arrogance to me. Thinking since you feel defeat at changing the system, no one can!

There is nothing wrong with being in your own little world, but don't step outside that world just to call others' activism issues useless or that good change can not happen. History has proven you oh, so, wrong.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Its all about the money and the pharmaceutical companies and not a bit about communicable diseases anymore. Yes, I think there are parties that consider this to be the priority, but one has to wonder how much it has to do with government contracts with drug companies.
That is what I think too, and why I think we need to question the use of vaccines and the efficacy of them as they are given now.
It is not about big corporations wanting money. It is about "global" disease control. Remember, we battled this disease here and have "almost" won, what about those other countries that do not have our medical technology and can easily take us down with disease.

While I agree, the world runs on profits, don't for one minute think this is the ONLY reason that vaccines are important. Vaccines save lives.

I agree that questioning situations is fine of course, but don't be blinded by just your opinion. Rarely nothing is black or white in this world, especially when it comes to people lives!

Throw up the stats on Africa or any other nation and read THEIR loss of life on diseases that can be easily controlled.

US Measles Increase Due to Declining Vaccinations
Neil Osterweil

Information from Industry. August 28, 2008 Measles is making a comeback in the United States, according to public health authorities, and parents who object to the measles vaccine for religious or other reasons appear to be driving the increase.

From the beginning of January through the end of July 2008, more measles cases were reported in the United States than during the first 7 months of any year since 1996, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported in the August 22 issue of Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).

Of the 131 measles cases reported to the CDCs National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases this year, 112 were either unvaccinated or had unknown vaccination status. At least 15 children, including 4 younger than 15 months, were hospitalized, but no deaths were reported. Two thirds of the cases did not receive the measles vaccination for religious or philosophical reasons, according to the MMWR report.

Of the 131 cases, 13% were contracted by either US residents who traveled abroad or by foreign visitors to the United States. Source countries for infection included Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, India, Israel, China, Germany, Pakistan, the Philippines, and Russia. An additional 76% of infections were linked either through virology or epidemiology to imported measles. The source of infection for the remaining 11% of cases could not be determined.

HiDelight

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have to admit I keep looking back at this discussion with such interest

I have gotten to know everyone so well just by reading this thread

:)
such brilliant folks here talking about such important issues

also the more I read the more validated I feel in what I am doing in life ..arrogant or not I feel stronger in life knowing that what I do is better for the whole community ....what is funny is I find I agree and disagree with the same people like one thing someone says I am so on board then the other side of the coin ..I am like WHAT?????? did someone I agree with just say that????
LOL!!!! politics are cool :cool:

and I feel so smug about mine it is kind of funny sometimes!

Mackay please do not give up the more you talk the more we have in common LOL!!!!

hugs
Hi