Good Article on Vaccinations

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:tongue to vaccines. Not that this is a popular view, but it's mine and I've researched it to DEATH. I wrote a paper on the links between autism and vaccinations, and a nurse proof read it for me and completely agreed.

*cough* I'll stop there, but I once read that parents think longer about what to name their dog, than whether or not to vaccinate.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, the article link I posted is to try to attempt to get people thinking about vaccines and the negative issues associated with them that your doctor won't tell you about.

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The chance of something going wrong with a vaccine is about 1% the change of a baby contracting encephillitis from measles, or dying from whooping cough much, much higher.

I cannot anderstand why people don't vaccinate, there is absolutely no scientific proof that autusim is linked to vaccine. The signs of Autism become apparent around 12 months which co-incides with vaccination, that's all there is to it.

We have a whooping cough pandemic in Australia at the moment simply because so many people have choosen to stop vaccinating, many more babies are dying from this than the vaccines, crazy!!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Mackay, I was wondering if you could help me, do you know where one might find out where to get the statements to sign to exempt someone from a vaccine? I'm due for the Meningitis shot eventually, law for MN says a statement must be signed.

HiDelight

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Lovechooks said:
The chance of something going wrong with a vaccine is about 1% the change of a baby contracting encephillitis from measles, or dying from whooping cough much, much higher.

I cannot anderstand why people don't vaccinate, there is absolutely no scientific proof that autusim is linked to vaccine. The signs of Autism become apparent around 12 months which co-incides with vaccination, that's all there is to it.

We have a whooping cough pandemic in Australia at the moment simply because so many people have choosen to stop vaccinating, many more babies are dying from this than the vaccines, crazy!!
I am a nurse who vaccinates people against diseases and I agree with the above statement

if you really understand the scientific process and how your body reacts to a vaccine you would realize that it is as valid as almost any natural remedy ..you are tricking your immune system into thinking that you have had the disease period ..you do not cause serious illness or allergies or even autism by vaccinating children or adults

yes people can have reactions to immunizations but I can honestly say in my career I have given thousands and have not seen a single reaction other than a swollen arm from a tetanus shot

you can find anything on the internet to debate anything and that does not mean it is true and all natural practitioners are not really that bright when it comes to reality of raising children in a large world ...

I do not think this a very well sighted or proven article this is mostly opinion ..

I think with most of the diseases being out of sight puts them out of mind and people somehow think that they are immune from getting them or would rather risk it than the horrors of vaccines....the problem is we put away the iron lungs because we have pretty much whipped polio's butt ..I saw it as a kid and remember it well ...

but it is good to think ..ask questions and take your time making chioices for your children! space out the immunizations think about the diseases and choose for your children "am I going to risk the chance my kids get this disease or give them the shot" weigh it one by one ..learn read know!!! it is so important not to do anything with out being well informed

do I think every child needs a Hep B vaccine ...nope! but do I think child that has a mother who is hep B positive needs a vaccine? absolutely! the "routine" immunization schedules are made to help with compliance issues by getting kids finished for the most part before school ...if you choose to spread them out then go for it ..

most childhood immunizations are given to protect the whole as well as the individual ..so I guess it also has to do with how you feel about being part of this world ..are you part of the whole and want to protect other children as well as your own ..or do you feel you are one and do not consider it your responsibility to consider the whole?

I will never push immunizations on anyone ..even though I believe in it for the common good and to prevent epidemics of illness I realize that not everyone feels that way and this is a "free" country

but if you ask me how I feel about immunizing ..being old enough to have had friends with polio and lost a friend to hepatitis and treated children with horrific infections from chicken pox ...and seen cases of shingles that have caused blindness .

I had mumps, measles and rubella and all made me very sick as a child

and I take flu shots after having REAL influenza and was sick for 6 weeks

I will always choose an immunization vs an illness... knowing the physiology of how things work can seriously help with the understanding fears of giving them to your kids! ..research both sides ..I always read the antiimmunization cause and understand fears when it comes to kids ..but I fear disease more than vaccines after having cared for some very sick kids in my career

I had one mother tell me "I dont have to worry about immunizing my kids because everyone else is doing it!" nice way to be part of a community!

we have had several outbreaks of meningitis in dorms at a state university ..illness and death from meningitis is preventable by immunization ..if a kid is going to live in a dorm or in a barracks or in any communal faciility then yes a kid should get the menactra vaccine ..or not and risk getting sick

end of my say :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am not against vaccines, I'm against their numbers, frequency and the young, tender ages they're given. I"m 53, I was vaccinated against MMR, tetnus, all the stuff they did back then. My children were, too (they're 24 and 28). I followed all of the medical recommendations. But the vaccines were spaced out, my children didn't have their immune system pounded on the way they do it now. That is the key, I believe. We really don't understand the relationship between vaccinations and autoimmune responses, especially in a not yet fully developed brain. Obviously we're doing something wrong, but try to get anyone in the medical community to admit it - they won't, because of the absolutely huge liabilities it'll open up. So, do we, as parents, continue to let them hammer on our children's immune system and brain? That is the question. Can't be answered by us, the lay people who really are only doing what we're told.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
The preservatives used can also be very dangerous.

We titer our pets rather than vaccinate by a schedule. Except rabies, required by law. The last time I had two of my pets vaccinated for rabies, they both had seizures for the next month or so. A then six year old dog and a 14 year old cat. Coincidence? Hmmmm.....

countrymama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have a family member that is handicapped from polio. I will always vaccinate my children against it.