Good morning all

MuttlyCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thank you all,

Deb4o we have 8 Boar's and 8 Minies we have had so much fun with them since we bought them as baby's and have raised them our selfs. Thay really don't know thay are goats I think they think thay are dogs ......lol we even have one that will come up on the deck when we are out there and lay with the dogs She will also follow my husband and I around ever where.

dfr1973 .......lol I will let Marianne do the chickens for now but we do have a garden and do plan to have a bigger one next year. But with everything we are doing trying to fix this place up a little more for the goats and all I do with the dogs + add working full time not much time for anything else right now.

Marianne ........lol it was NOT a total flop if anyone one knows what we can do with almost 4 pounds of liquid soap like substance ............:D

Stacy

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
MuttlyCrew said:
Thank you all,

Deb4o we have 8 Boar's and 8 Minies we have had so much fun with them since we bought them as baby's and have raised them our selfs. Thay really don't know thay are goats I think they think thay are dogs ......lol we even have one that will come up on the deck when we are out there and lay with the dogs She will also follow my husband and I around ever where.

dfr1973 .......lol I will let Marianne do the chickens for now but we do have a garden and do plan to have a bigger one next year. But with everything we are doing trying to fix this place up a little more for the goats and all I do with the dogs + add working full time not much time for anything else right now.

Marianne ........lol it was NOT a total flop if anyone one knows what we can do with almost 4 pounds of liquid soap like substance ............:D

Stacy
Stacy is being modest! They have done some amazing things in a short time, like pulling a barn back up on the foundation, massive repairing and restoring, running electrical, hay storage area, gated system inside the barn and outside, fencing, etc etc. Get the picture? :D And that's just one area.

OH, lets not forget all the beautiful limestone retaining walls they built, rose beds ready to be planted next year, working with her dogs, pampering her goaties. And she has tons of plans, too! I'm getting tired just writing about it. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Boer gal here
120 does rotating with 60 preggo and 60 the following month

I had alot of boers at one time :lol:

I absolutely love this breed. big and sturdy, yummy and smart and duel purpose

MuttlyCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The Boars heard is what we are going to be growing now, yes I love my boars. The little guys are fun but there is deffantly something about the boars. Right now we just have a little over 2ac under fince for them but plan on putting more under fince very soon. We have talked to the guy behind us about renting some of his land (creek and some unused pastur that has went back to weeds and other stuff .......:rolleyes:. We bought our first boar in April of last year for my hubby's birthday, she just turned a year old in Nov. So no baby's yet. I am going to be breeding some of our Min. (we bought a few that where older)for spring kidding so I can learn how to kidd with out going totaly nuts .....lol. I tend to worry myself over some stuff like that. We have 2 boars that are over a year now and over a houndred pounds we have thought about breeding for late spring kidding but still not sure. Anyway I could go on and on about them as they are one of my favorit subjects to talk about and learn about.

Thanks Mariann, it is always nice to hear what we are doing is making the place look better. Still a long long way from finshed but we keep pluging along.

Stacy

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
goats prefer browse over pasture. if that has tons of weeds and junk and trees etc they will eat it all. kill the trees for you also. oh yea, if you need clean out, fence it and throw out goats. lol

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
goats prefer browse over pasture. if that has tons of weeds and junk and trees etc they will eat it all. kill the trees for you also. oh yea, if you need clean out, fence it and throw out goats. lol
Muttlycrew keeps asking me if we'd take Winnie and some other goat, can't remember her name. I swear, Winnie does NOT understand why she can't come in the house..really cute little goat. I'd kinda/sorta like to have a couple, but then it'd be two more animals to care for, ya know?

I think the 'real' reason Stacy wants me to take the goats is that she's tired of looking at MY weeds in the back field. :lol:

MuttlyCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
lol Naw just seems a wast to let all that good free goat feed going to waist ......lol and the other one's name is Haley. I am telling you you really really need her and we do take returns no questions asked ..... ;). Just playing anytime you need a goat fix just come on over and play with ours.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a fenced backyard. I would skip mowing one week, let my horse in to graze. Horses loved being in the yard. And Pony got onto my back porch once lol

so I got the bright idea of letting about 20 goats in my yard. WOW WOW WOW they went after every bush, shrub, tree. I HAD a beautiful lilac bush. They got into the middle of it literally snapping everything and stripping it. How fast they darn near destroyed my yard was amazing.

never did that again :lol:

MuttlyCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Rof yes we have huge lilac bushes ..........lol but striped up to about 3 feet. It happend before we locked up the min's it was funny watching them stand on each other so they could get as high as there little legs would let them. Oh and Haley took out my DH tree he planted & man does that man hold a grudge still does not like that goat ......:p but they are all locked up now.