Good Nites

SandraMort

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My daughter wets the bed and we use Good Nites brand diapers for her, since she doesn't fit the smaller brands and the no name versions we've tried were uncomfortable. The cloth diaper seamstresses we've spoken to said that by her age, the bladder capacity was too large for her to be able to wear a cloth diaper at night. But the $1 per night is HORRIBLE!!!

What other options are there that I can do myself?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I always kept a couple of those absorbent crib mats handy. The kind that just go in the wash. Then if an accident occurred I would change the pj's remove pad and put down a new one. No good nite's at all. No wet sheets. I hope that helps. g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
for overnight, I am using the cheap store brand. they are like pull ups but for overnight capacity. Nicole sure can pee thru the night...LOL

I have a plastic mattress cover of course to not ever let the mattress get touched.

But yes, I pay a little cheaper than you cause the Good Nites are expensive.

Do you have a discount place or grocery store brand you haven't tried for overnight. And when on sale I buy 2 or 3.....like you, good thing it is only 1 at night now.

Also don't let the kid drink alot before bed. I pull Nicole's drinking about 1 hr. before bedtime....and we always do a "let's go P" stop before bed.

But yea, I am waiting for the day that she is old enough to make it thru the night...not yet so I just pay the price and know that price WILL END!!!

SandraMort

Power Conserver
Reaction score
LOL! I'm thinking you don't have a bed wetting 10 year old. She's got an adult bladder capacity -- a crib mat wouldn't touch the volume. But thanks :)

TanksHill said:
I always kept a couple of those absorbent crib mats handy. The kind that just go in the wash. Then if an accident occurred I would change the pj's remove pad and put down a new one. No good nite's at all. No wet sheets. I hope that helps. g

SandraMort

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
for overnight, I am using the cheap store brand. they are like pull ups but for overnight capacity. Nicole sure can pee thru the night...LOL
We've tried several other brands but they're very uncomfortable. Not only is she miserable, she spends so much time yanking on them in her sleep that they end up leaking all over.

Also don't let the kid drink alot before bed. I pull Nicole's drinking about 1 hr. before bedtime....and we always do a "let's go P" stop before bed.
I'm guessing my daughter is a lot older, since she monitors her own drinking and bathroom going, but yes, she limits her drinking and goes to the bathroom before bed. She's ten and very much looking forward to not wetting anymore, but my mother wet the bed until 12. Hopefully the dr will be able to help if it doesn't stop soon.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I just assumed younger like my kid.

being 10--yea she can do all the stuff on her own.

hmm...what about adult Depends? Maybe walmart or somewhere has a generic brand for alot less money. That way they are larger and more like panties and can handle larger amounts.

could this work for her?
Get out of the "kid" stuff and go into the adult area and see what is available?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I have no idea what a Good Nite really is so please don't be offended by this ignorant suggestion.
When shipping horses or bandaging their legs, there are products called leg cottons. They are soft, fluffy, absorbant large sheets of cotton or pads made of various material. I have an assortment of cotton quilts, roll cotton and various poly-fluff sheets on hand in case I need them.

The only reason I mention this is because they have kinds that are washable and absorbant. And because they are for horses -big.

I have some leg cottons that I still use after washing them of mud and manure for 20 years.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
SandraMort said:
LOL! I'm thinking you don't have a bed wetting 10 year old. She's got an adult bladder capacity -- a crib mat wouldn't touch the volume. But thanks :)

TanksHill said:
The mats I have ate about 3 x 4 feet they are made to cover a full size crib matress. I used to turn the sideways. They were about as wide as a full size bed. You know that all important waist area. I am sure since you Dd is 10 you have probably tried everything. good luck. g

SandraMort

Power Conserver
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
I have no idea what a Good Nite really is so please don't be offended by this ignorant suggestion.
Not offended. They're diapers (training pants, incontinence products, whatever you want to call it) for older children and young teenagers. Kinda like depends for adults and older teenagers.

The only reason I mention this is because they have kinds that are washable and absorbant. And because they are for horses -big.

I have some leg cottons that I still use after washing them of mud and manure for 20 years.
Interesting!!! Where do I get them, how much do they cost, etc?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have bed wetters...3 of them...one is nearly grown out of it though. I talked to Betty, the lady that taught me to sew, and after I get the baby's cloth diapers made we are going to try and make our own Good Nites for me 6 yo. A lady at church mentioned that she used to make boxers for her son. So, our plan is to make one that looks like a regular GN to start with only lots of cloth padding on the inside. I want to weigh 6 yo's GN a couple of times in the morning and see how much absorbancy we need and then try and put in enough fabric lining to absorb that much. Then sew these to the inside of boxer looking shorts that I make. All of my bed wetters are boys. We are going to start with one or two and see if it works and then I want to make and have at least five of them and then we can just throw them in the laundry with the baby's cloth diapers. Then if it works I am going to try and do the same thing for my 11 yo. I am definetly going to use the PUL fabric from the changing pads to make these. Then use terry cloth as the absorbant layers and then flannel as the inside lining. Then a cool boy fabric for the boxers. That is the plan anyways!
Purchasing packs of pull ups, because 6 yo is so small, and GN's every month about kills me!!