-----Google Nikola Tesla-----

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i really enjoy the really interesting topics and ideas about self sufficientcy and wanted to post some of the things i have done as well to become self sufficientcy. I have learned alot and hope i can help people learn as well for the betterment of mankind.

The internet has allowed many to wake up and start changing lifestyles and knowing the truth about the world. It is because of this that we should all work towards keeping the internet free from corporate take over and censorship. When fools want to censor the internet, we should look to the constitution which allows for the free expression of ideas and the ultimate protection of freedom of speech,press, and assembly of people. Ultimatly the constitution protects the internet as long as people are educated and fight to keep the ideals of the founding fathers alive.

As you can see one of my heros is nikola tesla, a person purposly censored from history and unable to be heard without the power of the internet. A person who tried to stop world wars with the power of peaceful technology, that would connect people, Irradicate disease, and maintain Human consumption of energy without burning away valuable natural resources. His wireless transmission of power would have allowed mankind mastery of all environments and take us to the stars 100 yrs ago! When you learn his history you learn the importance of internet freedom. Censorship has cost us 100 yrs of advanced technology which could have stopped so much pain and suffering world wide.

Thanks for reading, :)

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
3489_plot.jpg

the mid to late may growth of the grain fields.

3489_field.png

JUST UPDATING THE MINI FIELD LOL.:D

THE REGULAR GARDEN
3489_garden.jpg

zuchini in the front, lettice, tomatoes, brocholi, cauliflower,baby fruit trees (peach apple plum apricot)in a row on the left, bees in the back, potatoes, beans, peas, radish,strawberries, small herb garden on the right in the back.
i tried following the horticuture ideas on the net with all the plants and trees helping eachother sort of, its basically everything crammed together right now lol, but it seems to work, NO PESTS, NO DISEASES, EXTREMLY HEALTHY FRUITS AND VEGGIES. SO I KNOW EVERTHING IS HEALTHY WITHOUT PESTICIDES! WOO! that feels really good!:D

THE BEES!!!
3489_hive.jpg

they are amazing insects, this hive is so productive, notice the 3 hive bodies instead of 2. i did this so i know i cant lose bees to starvation! they will have the space to grow and not be crowded. if they dont fill all the boxes this yr, i will open them up next spring and switch the empty frames with the comb frames and have them build up the hive again. just a little experiment, they honey smell is delicious right now comming from the hive!:D

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I am so jealous of your grain field!!!
barred buff, what do think about the male tassles on the tops of some of the corn? does that signal anything, i dont see any of the felmale flower parts on the ones with the tassles??? the corn really isnt high and it seems some is going to tassle? have any suggestions, i have never done this stuff, but its very interesting seeing this stuff grow...
also on the wheat, i got green grain heads on the stems, im thinking they will eventually flower to go to seed right? they are only like 2-3 ft tall, which isnt really that high either lol.
please tell me what you think, you seem to have a ton of experiences in the grains.
thx:)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thanks! But Im not that experienced. I havent ever done wheat (thought Im thinking about). I noticed the same thing with our sweet corn the tassles are coming so Im sure the silks arent to far behind!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not quite sure what you guys are asking.

The pollen is released by the tassels - you'll notice them start to open up. About 1/2 way down the stalk, you'll find a leaf with the female part forming in the junction, usually some silk showing. The pollen migrates down the silk to start the kernel formation and growth of the cob.

Wheat is like grass in the lawn - it doesn't "flower" per se, just forms seed heads that get denser as the grain fills out.

Does that help?

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Not quite sure what you guys are asking.

The pollen is released by the tassels - you'll notice them start to open up. About 1/2 way down the stalk, you'll find a leaf with the female part forming in the junction, usually some silk showing. The pollen migrates down the silk to start the kernel formation and growth of the cob.

Wheat is like grass in the lawn - it doesn't "flower" per se, just forms seed heads that get denser as the grain fills out.

Does that help?
THANKS! i tried looking for the female part on the leaves, i didnt see anything though?? is there sometimes different timing on the start of the male part vs the female part?

ok the wheat has green seed heads but is this right at this time? i think i planted mid to late may, and its july, would this be right? i wasnt expecting anything for a while. lol.

thanks alot farmer jamie!

Latest posts