Got Chicken Nipples?

piglett

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Emerald said:
Wannabefree said:
Ya'll want to see something even funnier, just go in TSC and ask one of their people where they keep the chicken nipples. R did that last week, and you should have seen the look on the guys face :p

Emerald, i ordered some of those too from Amazon the other day with my Swagbucks Amazon codes I had saved up :) I can't wait till they get here!!! I plan on making a few buckets for the chicken tractors and one for the brooder when they get here.
my local TSC doesn't carry them and a friend of mine works there.. she almost popped a cork laughing when I asked if they carried them before I ordered. lol
I have to say that they have a problem at TSC with their ducklings(and the mess) and that bucket/nipple set up would really benefit them if they would get them in stock and promote them but you know that they won't cuz they want the big bucks from the other set ups. I just feel sick about how much I've spent on the other types due to the plastic getting brittle in winter and being icky.
I am planning on buying a small bird bath heater(I worry, like others, that the fish tank heater will burn out if the water level drops too much.) for this winter-they sit at the bottom of the water and should really keep the water warm enuf to keep the nipples free from ice in most conditions. I will also move the bucket inside the coop in one corner where I have the electric set up.
i love my nipples!!
we added a small stock tank heater to our bucket & there was never an ice issue after that even though it got down to -10f some nights. if we have young birds in the coop too we put in a small waterer for a few weeks
once they see the older birds using the nipples they go over & try it too.

piglett

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
piglett said:
Emerald said:
Wannabefree said:
Ya'll want to see something even funnier, just go in TSC and ask one of their people where they keep the chicken nipples. R did that last week, and you should have seen the look on the guys face :p

Emerald, i ordered some of those too from Amazon the other day with my Swagbucks Amazon codes I had saved up :) I can't wait till they get here!!! I plan on making a few buckets for the chicken tractors and one for the brooder when they get here.
my local TSC doesn't carry them and a friend of mine works there.. she almost popped a cork laughing when I asked if they carried them before I ordered. lol
I have to say that they have a problem at TSC with their ducklings(and the mess) and that bucket/nipple set up would really benefit them if they would get them in stock and promote them but you know that they won't cuz they want the big bucks from the other set ups. I just feel sick about how much I've spent on the other types due to the plastic getting brittle in winter and being icky.
I am planning on buying a small bird bath heater(I worry, like others, that the fish tank heater will burn out if the water level drops too much.) for this winter-they sit at the bottom of the water and should really keep the water warm enuf to keep the nipples free from ice in most conditions. I will also move the bucket inside the coop in one corner where I have the electric set up.
i love my nipples!!
we added a small stock tank heater to our bucket & there was never an ice issue after that even though it got down to -10f some nights. if we have young birds in the coop too we put in a small waterer for a few weeks
once they see the older birds using the nipples they go over & try it too.

piglett
Thanks! we don't get that cold here but I was worried but do have electric in their coop so I can hook it right up.. it is nice to know that it works.. :)

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I've often thought about using them... after reading your post I'm ALL inspired!!! :D

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Blaundee said:
Thanks for sharing! I've often thought about using them... after reading your post I'm ALL inspired!!! :D
YAY!!:ya
They are sharing the one bucket okay and I am glad it helped someone else! I am still going to make another one for this summer so that they don't get too mean over the one bucket. Plus I saw something for making a feeder that they don't spill from as much and I am saving up for the parts for that. I may put the link to the video here as it really is cool.

Latest posts