got eggs in the incubator

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I use Hovabators too. I hate the LG's. I used a friend of mines LG and it NEVER hatched a single chick :/ Humidity was always off.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
So, I shouldn't feel bad if I don't get any chicks?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
So, I shouldn't feel bad if I don't get any chicks?
Nope. The LG is notorious for poor hatches due to humidity issues.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I didn't get any to even develop! They looked the same when I took them out as they did when I put them in. I have a hygrometer, so we'll see how it goes. I've already decided if I don't get any to hatch this time, I'm getting rid of it and getting the one I really wanted.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah I have never gotten an LG to do any good. Some folks do, but I can't. I think Buffy uses an LG too.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
i still hope you can get some to htch this time though!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
here is my incubator:

4137_incubator.jpg

4137_incubator2.jpg

i got impatient and tried to candle last night, could see veins starting in the lighter eggs!! :woot and i found a lady not too far away that has black copper merans hatching eggs for $10.00/doz. (her hatched chicks are $6.00 ea!!) so i ordererd 2-3 doz. ( hatching eggs NOT chicks)

she kept her birds in a mixed flock during the winter and she set some eggs a week after seperating them back out and tried a hatch to check fertility and she is selling those chicks for $2.00 each she set 24 eggs. i know they arnt pure yet but... i took all chicks that hatch. in this flock she has black copper merans, buff orpingtons, rhode island reds, isa browns, and blue laced red wyandotts! the wyandotts are last falls birds and arnt laying yet, but i ordered 2-3 doz hatching eggs as soon as they start. ( she is setting their first 3 doz)

now to find turkens, salmon faverolles, and giant cochins.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't do so good with my araucana eggs, but then again with the rumpless/poor contact problem, its possible I didn't have 100% complete fertility. Out of 25 eggs, I have 7 chicks, so far, but I'll wait another day and see if I have any late peeps. I've done bad in the past with this breed. Fortunately I do better with RIR eggs and others.
Sex-link project is next in 2 weeks. Wish I knew how to post pics. Might get someone to help me. I was trying to decide if my babies will be rumpless like their dads. Hard to tell at less than a day old.