got eggs in the incubator

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I set 2 dozen last night. 19 Buffs, and 5 BSLs. Should have some Del eggs sent out Monday.... :D

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Put my first eggs in the hatcher today! We got this dozen then 2 days later got 2 more doz from the same person. There were 4 buff orp, 2 SLW, and 6 from a mixed flock. The 4 buff and 2 slw were fertile- the 6 mixed wernt. :(

The next 2 doz had 4 buff, 1 slw, and 19 mixed. The 4 buff and 1 slw and 8 of the mixed were good.

Hopefully I will have 19 chicks by Friday. Yay!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I hope you do too. If I don't get anything to hatch from this batch of eggs, I'm going to look for some chicks. Then, I'm selling my LG incubator and seeing about getting the one I actually wanted! My birthday is coming up, so I figure I can use the money from the sale of the one, plus any money I get for my birthday for the other incubator. I'm tired of not getting chicks.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The first 6 eggs have hatched! I have 2 slw and 4 buff orp. Got the next set in the hatching tray now.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Mine have done nothing. They're still alive but look to be behind on development. I candled today, supposed to have been hatch day. They may take another day or two. I knew I shouldn't have loaned my hygrometer out to the school :lol: Theirs are supposed to be hatching too :D The high school kids are wanting to buy the chicks :/ I dunno about that though...wonder if their parents know, if they know how to care for them, if they even know what chicks eat, and so on. I told DD to just give them the home phone number and if they're serious, and their parents are okay with the idea, they can call. Otherwise, I aint dumb enough to turn a bunch of teens loose with live chicks during school hours :lol: Can you imagine?!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Mine will be going into lock down tomorrow. I hope I FINALLY get some chicks. If not, I'll buy em this year if I have to!

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My first batch went into lock down today. In 5 days my second batch will go into lockdown in the hatching bator and I will then set one more lot. Then its shut down for one month and then one more hatching depending on how many the first 3 lots produce.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have screaming babies in the bator! :woot Finally :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well I have one out and yelling it's head off two pipped and screaming inside the shells. :lol: They're cute!!