got eggs in the incubator

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
One out 3 pipping and 40 to wait and see. They be preemies.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
How soon B4 hatching do they start peeping?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Usually a couple hours between pipping and hatching. My eggs go on lockdown in 4 days. I have 19 or 20 blue laced red wyandottes in the bator on it's maiden run lol. I candled yesterday and they all seem to be on track, but I did have a temp spike last night for some unknown reason. So I'll need to rekindle before lockdown Wednesday.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well I have my first 6 and the other 13 in the hatcher- I have 2 hatched and 3 more piped. Wow got to love spring!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have 5 chickie chicks and another pipped squeaker :lol:

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just had the prittest one hatch. It is creamy white with black stripes from its eyes down its back.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I confess that I didn't write on the calendar when I put my eggs in, so I was like 2 weeks into incubation of my sex-link project and a few araucana eggs when I noticed and I had to guestamate when it was time for lockdown. I may have been a day too early, but I know I was close. Been spraying the little guys sometimes with warm water. Well today, I went to spray and heard some peeps. So I'm hoping to have some fuzzy butts soon.
I need to be picking up eggs now for the Easter hatch. That hatch isn't even in progress, but I already have it on the calendar.....when it goes in, when lockdown is to happen and when they should hatch.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lost one this morning. :( I knew last night when I saw that it probly wouldn't do well... it piped on the little end of the egg. So we opened the egg and he was backword. Also have one with splayed legs.

Other than that... we have (out of 13) 3 not piped, 1 hatching as we speek er..type, 1 lost, and 8 balls of fuzz.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I wound up with 9, and think they're about done. These were my mixed eggs. I think my humidity was way off on this batch because I didn't have my hygrometer :/ I had 40 in there...this is the crappiest hatch ever :lol: I have a few more pipped, but I'm not holding out much longer on them. I'll shut the bator down tonight and clean it up for the next batch, which won't be near as many. Then Monday I am supposed to get the other bator back from the school and want to start some duck eggs. I'm getting a nice pile of those in there now.

funny farm...sorry you lost one :( I always hate when the tiny little nuggets die for any reason. It's always sad.