Got it free - whatever it is??

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I know just where to put them this time! You don't need to do that, Sumi, but I thank you for doing so. :hugs

I have a whole, long flower bed that is not being utilized this year. :thumbsup
You are most welcome :hugs

The color isn't the best, is it? :D Please show us what it looks like when you are done? I love it that God provided you a bench for your garden!
No, not really! lol And it's in need of a repaint, so blue it will be. I said to my partner in crime here this morning how awesome it is that I decided I'd like a bench for sitting outside the shed and there is one, tossed out and unwanted and absolutely perfect for me. It's wonderful!

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We all love freebies! Great thread! Congrats on getting featured in our homepage!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
milkman’s daughter’s “free wood” thread in the DIY forum has spurred me to try starting another thread. I hope its theme will encourage others here to post.:frow

I shared my story of finding a compressor air tank for free at the local recycling bin parking lot. If anyone missed it and is interested, that’s here: https://www.sufficientself.com/threads/a-small-reclamation.15371/

Only a few weeks later I found two good-quality folding “festival chairs” (like you might sit in at a picnic or fall fair), abandoned in fine condition in that same parking lot.

In the past I also mentioned that we found three up-to-date compact ceramic heaters in like-new working order parked on the road shoulder for the taking, and the heaters have been quite handy for warming plants in chilly-night circumstances. (It’s the custom in my region to leave things you don’t want, but might be useful to someone, on the road shoulder.)

One day, I found several very useful things in one stroke at the bigger recycling center’s free shed, including a shop-style power strip (11 grounded 120v outlets) worth $50. This was at the actual valley recycling center.

I’m glad and thankful for it, but I dunno why some people just up and cast such useful things off! I’m also grateful for cheap yard-sale finds like the great splitting maul in decent shape I got for $5, that would have cost 10x as much in our local hardware stores. But in the latter case, at least the person who’d owned it got something $-wise out of the transaction.

Anyhow, care to relate or reminisce about your free finds? :caf
I always love the feeling of having free stuff, It always gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Kudos to you. have a great day.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got a 1000 water tank for free today. A company my friend works for was getting rid of it :). Getting that in the trailer and transporting it was fun

20200521_174820.jpg

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awesome - congrats!
I currently have a 550 gal tank for my 175 potted trees, but am expanding that to 400 over the next few years and knew I would need a larger tank. Getting this will allow me to either just replace the current one or sister them together, but that's a next year worry

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's a lot of trees! The extra tank will surely make things easier for you. I'd love to find a deal like that. :)
yeah, shipping on these tanks is spendy, since it's freight, so a 1000 gal tank would be around $800-$900 after shipping.

Now I just need to clean it (pressure washer on the inside I'm thinking)