Got my mortgage statement in the mail today..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Am I the only one that gets mad every time I see my monthly statement? By the time we pay this off...IF we pay as scheduled...we will have paid as much in interest as we do in principle. :rant Thank goodness we aren't paying "as scheduled." I have consistently made principle payments from day one. We are paid down as if we've had the loan for 52 months, but we have only had it for 29 months. That's ALL about to change...I'm sick of working for the Mortgage Company! They've already sold us out to BAC...whom I LOATHE! I want off this ride ASAP! We are debt free except for this hunk of mortgage, and it has got to go too. The debt we just paid off will roll over into the mortgage payment now, so that means I can add $306 more to what we pay on it already. That puts us paying off the house in 5 more years. I want the deed to MY HOUSE for my 40th birthday :lol: Seeing that every month just gets my feathers ruffled :p Anybody else get irritated at this crud? Or am I the only one..... :hide

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I used to get po'd every month.........until I got my mortgage paid off! :ya
Trust me when I say there is NO better feeling!! :ya :ya

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I used to get po'd every month.........until I got my mortgage paid off! :ya
Trust me when I say there is NO better feeling!! :ya :ya
CONGRATS!!! :celebrate :celebrate I can't WAIT! :weee

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Another person who makes a principle payment each month. Still a long way from paid off, but every little bit paid on that principle helps.

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You don't want to hear what I'm thinking about my mortgage. Foul-mouthed sailors have better language.

Our bank mortgage got sold to a mortgage broker, who is now under federal investigation for fraud. They immediately filed for bankruptcy after being raided a year ago. All their lockboxes at the post office were confiscated. Thousands of people's loan payments were in the lockboxes, including two month's worth of ours. Countrywide, under the disguise of Bank of America, currently has our mortgage. They call a dozen times a month to ask where those two payments are. NEVER do they make note on our account that we are not late, but are caught up in the fiasco of the mortgage lender. At least we have our loan and our home is secure. On the day the place was raided, they ceased operations, thowing hundreds of people out of work without notice. There were people literally sitting at the table signing papers, thinking they had a morgage in place. I can't imagine what misery they went through when their mortgage loan suddenly disappeared.

We are doing our best to get our loan paid off early, but it's not always easy to come up with a few dollars more than the mortgage. I know we will both sleep better when this place is fully paid off.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Another person who makes a principle payment each month. Still a long way from paid off, but every little bit paid on that principle helps.
Yep! We're still in the "paying more interest than principle" stage of the note...but with those principle payments tacked on...we're WAAYYYY better off. Keep pluggin away sister, we'll get there one day!!! Those statements just irk me.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
We refinanced a few years ago when rates dropped and cut our mortgage time in half. It is still too long! If we had no debt, then the drop in our work schedules would barely be a blip on our radar. I can't wait for it to be paid off. Then we will work like crazy people to get some much needed repairs done but will pay for them in full and not take loans.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
add me to the long list of mortgage company haters

had a mortgage that got sold to chase. sent in a payment, and then sent in the next month payment, got a letter saying, hey we have money from you we don't know where it goes, so we deposited it in an account for you. So I call them, but get transferred to the debt collector section since they think I am two months behind on the payments.

The debt collectors can't make any money solving the problem of transferring from this "account" to the mortgage, so they kept hanging up on me. I swear it is a good thing they were in New York and I was in Minnesota, because....I wanted a gun big time.

drove me absolutely bat sh*t crazy.

the+blessed+life

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am FREE, yes free indeed from a mortgage. Debt free for the first time in my adult life--and I will never go back there again. Do anything to get paid off- as I paid each bill off, I added that payment to the next bill to be paid off, and on and on. There at the last I was paying 8x my original house payment. Things pay off fast that way. Then I quit my job! My husband's retirement is enough to live on, but we watch our money. I was making about $55K/yr and don't miss the money at all. Staying home farming is great!

beerman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Was doing good paying mine, put down $20,000 on a $86,000 house, tried to save some money did the Obama refi your house program with all their fees and crap I now owe $96,000 on a house I owed $66,000 a year ago. The kicker is it didn't save me a dime!!!!! My payment is actually more now then it was!!! But once you start it its to late to go back.