Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No, this is not good wire that could be reused. It is old, black, fabric-wrapped wire that has been there many years. The light fixtures that he is putting in the out-buildings are mostly LED. Double whammy - low cost to run and low heat output to help prevent fires.

When my DH was in high school, he helped his Dad's best friend wire a garage. The guy was a Master Electrician and he liked the kid, so he taught him how to do it right. DH is a civil engineer now, so everything he does is done right or not done at all. He hates to have to redo and fix stuff.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No, this is not good wire that could be reused. It is old, black, fabric-wrapped wire that has been there many years. The light fixtures that he is putting in the out-buildings are mostly LED. Double whammy - low cost to run and low heat output to help prevent fires.

When my DH was in high school, he helped his Dad's best friend wire a garage. The guy was a Master Electrician and he liked the kid, so he taught him how to do it right. DH is a civil engineer now, so everything he does is done right or not done at all. He hates to have to redo and fix stuff.

I don't like having to redo stuff either. Unless it's electrical then I don't mind too much.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Horray plywood
IMG_20200917_132329808.jpg

Now all it's gotta do is cut it'self, jump up there and nails it'self to the underside of the rafters. I think my plywood may be defective though. It's just been laying there, doing nothing since I stacked it.
IMG_20200917_132341362.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sunsets... some of the most wonderful and beautiful things in life are ephemeral, like sunsets and sunrises, the flash of a hummingbird's wing as it zooms by, a baby's toothless smile. Enjoy them when they happen, and treasure the memory.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hope you have a drywall lift.
DH was working on the basement in our place in Wyoming and had me drive to the Northern Tool Store in Colorado to buy a drywall lift for him. Even though I was terrified to drive in a city I didn't know - all by myself - I did it. I know it saved our marriage.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That plywood may not be defective, just not smart and on the laaaaazy side! Maybe that's why it was sold....couldn't be trained. :lol:

I tried feeding it a box of nails but, it won't eat. Just lays there... Think it's sick or just doesn't like American nails?
IMG_20200917_160727377.jpg