Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I went over to talk to Gary to just to say hey. That tree is cut plum down to the ground, split and stacked for firewood. I pulled up in the drive and honk honk, that how country folk do it, it's our door bell.

Gary meets me at the back door he says come-on in man, dang it cold out here. His wife just got done making cookies, so she stuffed both of my hands full of delicious COOKIES. I LOVE COOKIES! Gray said have a seat, so I did and we were sitting by the wood stove. and just talking a while. Then he said do you need something?, I replied nope just come by to say hey that's all, see if you need any help with anything around here.

Then he said the heater could use another log. I said I'll get it. When I stood up, my arm brushed up against my holster and I remembered... crap I'm packing a .357.

I said Gary, I feel pretty bad. He said why's that? Then I said well I got my pistol holstered under my sweatshirt. I wear it so much, I forget it's even there. Then I said is it OK if I carry it in your house? If not, that's OK too - I can go lock it in the safe in my truck. I always like to ask the property owner first. But I just forgot about it being there. He looked at me and smiled, why yes it's ok.

Then he said you know... That was a fine thing you just did asking me permission, it shows me that you have a lot of respect. I said it's just the right thing to do isn't it? He said yes, yes it is but you never know with folks these days.

So I just hung out for a while with Gary, watching a old John Wayne movie on the idiot box. He's one heck of a good neighbor and very wise. I could stand to learn a lot from him that's for sure.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can I ask where she got that shirt? It would be perfect for my son's b'day in Feb!!!!! That is adorable. Especially since he has more tractors than I can count.

Kudos to your respect for the neighbor. How are things going for him and his wife? Her health? You are a nice neighbor.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Can I ask where she got that shirt? It would be perfect for my son's b'day in Feb!!!!! That is adorable. Especially since he has more tractors than I can count.

Kudos to your respect for the neighbor. How are things going for him and his wife? Her health? You are a nice neighbor.

She's doing a lot better :) Gary had a big corn crop this year so he hasn't taken his cattle to auction.

Found one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Symptoms-Just-Need-More-Tractors/dp/B08J1DF9Q5

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1608847435236.jpg