Grandparents raising grandchildren

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I try to get her out of here on the weekends when I have the funds and take her and do things or buy crafts supplies and do things here with her. My cash flow is just tight the last few weeks after that out of pocket major dental bill. And the Summer....she's going to be here ALL day EVERY day....I'm going to go insane trying to keep the fires smothered out. I just hope that old man isn't really stupid enough to raise his hand to her.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yes we have these discussions regularly, and things usually calm down for a day or so till I get a call from DN13 crying wanting to talk about the latest crap and wanting to come live with me. *sigh* I keep telling myself she needs the experience of this hardship to learn diplomacy and patience, and I chew her butt regularly about her attitude and disrespectfulness towards them, but it doesn't do much good when they don't get on board and make attempts to change themselves. It's just a ridiculously difficult situation all the way around. And my niece is soooo much like me...Lord help us all...