graphic no pic Our dog KILLED and eaten 5 goats through fence! HELP

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Very true!

I worked at a boarding kennel that trained rotties for Schutzhund for the police force and for protection animals. There was always a very DEFINITE command to attack and to stop.

That same word for stop! should be used when the dog LOOKS at the livestock with any kind of prey drive. Since the dog should already understand the term, it should be able to transfer the idea to stop! going after livestock. You might ask the folks who trained the dog for assistance with this, I assume this is a valuable animal.

I have had to work with dogs that were Schutzhund trained and I did not trust them. I watched the training many times and it seems clear to me that the dogs were both encouraged to bite people but also taught that people can be intimidated with a bite. Even though my employers were winners in the show rottie world, trained dogs from around the world and bred the finest, wife was the vet I worked for, but I still know of incidents where those dogs bite people....that they were not supposed to. In one case, the dog had been very well trained to keep intruders out. It bit someone who was a friend that it THOUGHT was an intruder (salesperson).

I understand there are important reasons for dogs like this to exist and the OP must have a purpose for this dog. However, with ownership comes the responsibility.