Great Do It Yourself Book!!

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Swagbucks looks interesting...except it doesn't appear to include Australia. So, as useful as it might be, I guess it's just not meant to be...

RobinsValleyVT

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Kala said:
I borrowed a book from my dad a few months ago. It's called "Build It Better Yourself." GREAT BOOK! It has everything from goat stanchions to cold frames to smokers to greenhouses and fences. It literally has everything you could ever need to build to be more SS. And the best part is that there are several on amazon for less than a $1! I may even buy myself one so I can give my dad his book back...maybe. :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1309558564&sr=8-1&condition=used
Thanks for that, I've added it to my wishlist of SS books. Looks like a really good read!

Tractor girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! I just ordered it. I know I'm a couple months late, here, but was still able to get a "good" quality copy for $1 plus shipping. I'll check out the swagbucks and mojosavings, too!

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have had Build It Better Yourself for many years. It's one of my favorite reference books for homesteading construction projects. Some of the techniques are outdated but they're all good. The problem with me is that every time I pick up the book I get "talked into" another interesting project. Sometimes I get too many projects started that it's hard to finish any one of them.

There are some very good ideas in Part III (Food Storage Projects). Cheese presses, Sour Krauter (cabbage slicer), Juice presses, etc.