Guess I'll try again.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have run into the same problem with contractors taking on another job while they are supposed to be working on YOURS. I've learned to get things put into writing (after a contractor neglected to build the loft and the front porch I had asked for when I changed the roofline of my studio). Next time, I plan to have a full contract- itemizing what will be done, for how much, and time frame... as well as how much and when I pay for services and materials, and penalties for not sticking to the contract.

Oh, bye-the-bye, our Lab/Aussie cross is 11 years old, and still a menace ;)

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My "Buddy" went running with me yesterday. He ran 6 miles on really cold ground. I thought he was liking it. But I discovered that he had abraded his foot. Pads on the front feet and there were blood trails in the snow when we got back to the farm. I felt awful for letting him run that much. He has been rather mellow since then. I bandaged both his feet but you can imagine how long those bandages lasted. He is fine but staying close to me tonight. I played with him again today and they began to bleed again, so he is officially "grounded" till his feet heal!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Aww my friend had a lab that did that to himself. They just have so much love and devotion that they will keep going anyway.
Might have to get him booties to play in the snow lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh, he must have loved running with you to keep going through the pain.... Loyalty is a wonderful thing, isn't it? But, who runs SIX miles? You go doc!

Might wanna get him some of those oh so fashionable booties to run in! :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Labradors have an exceptionally high pain threshold- it's part of what makes them good retrievers. He may not have been in nearly as much pain as you would think.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't know about not feeling pain but he has certainly been a LOT more mellow for the past two days. He has only demanded to go out for the usualy requirements although yesterday he really wanted to play. I tried to explain to him that he was SIQ (sick in quarters) for the day to let that foot pad heal.

I had played with him the day after he did this and he started bleeding again so I "grounded him" and have kept him inside the house. I think the wound is dry now but I don't want him to get it open again.

He is a good dog. I'm not as good as he is. I had to have him stay with some folks while I worked all through the Christmas holidays and when he came home, he had learned "down". I didn't teach him that command but he now will lie down where I tell him.

He finally started using his bed (that darn thing cost me $80) for sleeping. For a while it was his "girlfriend" but that seems to have stopped now that he is no longer able to get her pregnant...

The cold weather is really getting oppressive up here. Back to 15 below and now it is snowing. I watched 2" form on the car of my nurse while I've been at work today in the clinic. Fortunately, I plugged in my truck so it will start this afternoon after work. I tried to start my VW this morning but it needed more than 2 hours with the heater to start and that just wasn't going to happen today so I took the truck.

The trip to the State Capitol was good. I had a rather busy day and the legislators all had a rather short day due to the early time of the legislative session. I actually did what I was there for...go figure.

I'm still getting calls asking me to work all over the country. The latest was for some work in Wisconsin. That is a long way off from here. I just don't understand the problem.

The cows are fine. The chicken is lonely. I need some time off. I worked from 21 DEC to 16 JAN with only a day to travel at a time but no "TIME OFF". That got old real fast.

My new tractor and snow blower on the front continue to be a good thing so I am happy about that.

Hope all of you are well.
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, are you now ready to come over and clean off my screen? And, what would you get if he had actually been able to do the deed to his bed?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My little dog used to molest his bed also - then when it didn't cooperate - he'd rip it to shreds, lol! For such a sweet little dog - that side of him was an evil little troll!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Glad you're hanging I'm there. Gonna be cold here, I'll just have to remind myself that is cooler where you are!