Guess I'll try again.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Oh cool! Are they barn swallow nests? If so, the swallows will return every year.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think so. One nest fell from the ceiling in the barn and five babies recently hatched were lost. Not a good day.
I never realized how tired I could get until I cut all that firewood this morning. Seems like the more I cut, the more I found that needed to be cut. I had to move that elm tree that fell in the wind about a year ago but really wasn't dead. Apparently, it had some "polyspore" fungi invading it but I didn't think that would make it get knocked over.
I cut it into sections along with much of the wood I brought out of the 2 acre fenced in area that I have never ventured into because it is mainly a swamp. The reason is that the entire farm is basically a single downslope with a bout a 25 foot elevation change. All that rain we got for those 10 days now sits in a low point on the farm which is the area through which the cows have to walk to get to the pasture. (They really don't like all that mud, believe me).

The problem was that the water now amassed at the bottom of the farm is causing some access problems which I had to over come. It isn't over yet

The bull went home today. I didn't want him to get hurt and he had been "eloping" twice a day or more. I was afraid he would get hit by a car or truck.

The llamas still haven't come back up to the main barn for grain yet.

I'm too tired to write.
Cheers,
Trim sends

Last edited:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I don't like mud much myself. At times it's been so bad at the farm that it's pulled a boot off of my foot. Other times, it's starts all balling up on the bottom of my shoes, and I have to scrape it off cuz I find myself getting taller.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
You've been busy! Glad you were able to save Granny.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yay! Nice to see you, and the pics are lovely!! I'm quite jealous of your canning kitchen!! I need me one of those!
Glad everyone is ok! Really cool that the cast worked! It pays to know things once in a while :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We don't have a spare outbuilding to make a canning kitchen, but I'm looking at making an outdoor summer kitchen for canning etc.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Trim's Observation #10: The post hole auger should be mounted on the front of the tractor but never is...

AMEN! How sore is your neck, back, shoulders, after spending all day twisted around trying to watch that auger????

And, what happens when you push(pull) old Bob Warr past his breaking point and he comes flying back atcha to get his revenge?

Careful!

Latest posts