GUESS WHAT!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I just had to share. I figure it's kind of SS, because I can get around faster than walking without spreading bad fumes into the air. Anyway...

I learned how to ride a bike!!

Go me!!!

After chores my brother taught me how. When I was smaller no one really ever had time to teach me, and the few times my brother tried years ago I would just fall over and get hurt. But now I know how! YAY ME!
Next I might try to learn how to swim!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
YAY for you!

You can't swim? I taught "underwater" swim classes for years, I can teach you easy! And there is a beautiful crystal clear lake right down the street from me, we can ride our bikes there. ;)

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:woot

I wish it were just a bit more flat around here, or I would totally bike everywhere.

You really don't know how to swim or are you joking?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
No, not joking, sadly :/
I was never taught a lot of things. Can't whistle, blow bubbles with gum, rollerblade, skateboard, iceskate.. The last three things always costed money anyway.

BUT I know a lot of things that make up for it!

I would still like to learn how to swim though, because I'll probably need that skill in the future. My brother and I had swimming lessons when I was young but they failed me because wouldn't put my head under water - this was before those ear thingies to prevent water from getting in. I got earaches often as a kid anyway, but when I got water in them, NOTHING would help, and they were very painful. Darn it all anyway.

Edit;
Ok Sally, you're on!

(Did you listen to my message??)

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had a required semester of swimming in my high school. I suppose it makes sense considering the amount of water around here. I hate putting my head underwater when in a lake! You can hear these weird sounds that are boat engines and such. Also I have a fear of coming up underneath the dock. But ocean swimming scares me not a bit. I make no sense, what can I say?

And I can't whistle or skateboard, or ice skate either. I can roller skate, but not roller blade. :rolleyes:

Anyway, learning to ride a bike is awesome!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I can't "pretty whistle", but I can finger whistle...loud! :p That is how I wake up my horses to eat every morning.

Swimming is only my most favorite thing to do in the whole world. Lake, ocean, or pool it doesn't matter. I love to dive down deep and stay down there until people wonder if I'm alright. It is a 3-d experience and I love it!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can't finger whistle :(

However, I CAN skateboard... badly.. but I can!!

Ice skating is like a mandatory skill here LOL when I was in school you had to learn how to ice skate through the school lmfao. I guess they were trying to make us into future hockey stars.

Swimming used to be mandatory in all schools, but a lot of high schools don't have swimming pools. Mine was attached to a public pool and they bought time in the pool for classes but it was optional. I knew how to swim already, so I didn't take it.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! Bikes today and swimming soon enough. :cool:

I loved rollerskating but never learned how to roller-blade or ice skate. Cant skateboard- had a board but no good at it. Cant blow bubbles with gum either, but never really liked gum.
Didn't get the hand of waterskiing either- but had fun trying.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I thought roller-blading and roller-skating were the same things... what's the difference?

I think I need to put a pillow on the bike seat.. my butt hurts!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Roller-skating is the old fashioned skates, the kind you see at the roller-rinks, rollerblading is the ones with I think its 5 wheels.. or something like that.