Halloween costume ideas for kid and pony-King Arthur it is!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
DS will be riding in a show on Oct 30 and apparently costumes are expected. I'd love to come up with something original. Or have one of you do it for me!! Grandma can sew and I can a bit too. I'm fierce with a hot glue gun as well!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
IMG_4165.jpg

This is the pony he will be riding in the show

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Once upon a time we turned a pony into a Star Wars Bantha With the addition of a wooley blanket and some paper mache horns. The kid was a Jedi. ;)

We have also done costumes from various nursery rhymes, fisher boy, Indian, Eskimo and walrus is one I have seen. We had a 17 hand black Quarter horse turned into Mary's little lamb with an old sheet and about a million cotton balls the little girl was Mary. We have done GI Joe and the "Jungle". Horses have been painted with tempera paint mixed with a little dish soap.

Really the sky is the limit as long as the pony can see well, maneuver safely and is not afraid of it. When in doubt make the entry a lead in. ;)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Once upon a time we turned a pony into a Star Wars Bantha With the addition of a wooley blanket and some paper mache horns. The kid was a Jedi. ;)

We have also done costumes from various nursery rhymes, fisher boy, Indian, Eskimo and walrus is one I have seen. We had a 17 hand black Quarter horse turned into Mary's little lamb with an old sheet and about a million cotton balls the little girl was Mary. We have done GI Joe and the "Jungle". Horses have been painted with tempera paint mixed with a little dish soap.

Really the sky is the limit as long as the pony can see well, maneuver safely and is not afraid of it. When in doubt make the entry a lead in. ;)
Ooooo, a Bantha sounds cool! I did find one picture of a horse with a skeleton painted on it and the kid riding was in a skeleton costume as well. I saw a Bo Beep and lamb one on line as well! There's lots of ideas out there!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I like the bantha idea! LOL

If there was a way you could make it look like Buckbeak, your son could be Harry Potter :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
i must be tired, my creativity is entirely lacking. *can't think of a darn thing*

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Turn the pony into a lion, and he could dress as the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.