Hands were all jacked up

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My hands were in aweful shape. Dry, rough, cracked, cut up, sore, stinging, etc... I can't stand lotion - expecially on my hands. My wife told me to soak them 10 minutes in warm water and a little Epsom Salt. So I did and wow it actually works! Thought I would pass it along for those who work hard with their hands and hands suffer.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love working outdoors without gloves. Like the rest of you, I like to feel. When I wish I had the gloves on is when I get into Stinging Nettles. That weed just doesn't like me!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't like gloves much because I can't tell how much pressure I'm putting on something. So gloves to me are only when its cold outside.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a love hate relationship with gloves. Would much rather touch and feel. But, I have had some nasty splinters, and even a nasty fungal/bacterial infection in my nail bed from working in the soil without gloves. And, when I do patient care, it's super important to me that I do not have any nicks or abrasions on my hands.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for the tip!! I will pass it on to my husband.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
This is great to know, thanks! I hate lotion on my hands too, I don't like them feeling greasy. Epsom salts really is a wonderful thing to have around.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Don't like gloves much because I can't tell how much pressure I'm putting on something. So gloves to me are only when its cold outside.

I agree! I hate gloves unless it's cold. I have many pairs of work gloves but never use them unless I'm splitting wood or something. I like to be able to touch what I'm working with. So, often I have hands you really can't wash the stains off of unless you soak them awhile.