Happy Thanksgivin' all you all

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
the saddest part is that they will be eating fake meat, telling themselves it tastes just as good blah blah... while the ultra rich continue to eat Wagyu beef, goose liver pate, etc.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
the saddest part is that they will be eating fake meat, telling themselves it tastes just as good blah blah... while the ultra rich continue to eat Wagyu beef, goose liver pate, etc.

I actually tried that goose liver thing your talking about. It would be a tough choice between petri dish meat or goose liver for me.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But it's considered one of those special gourmet foods that PETA gets worked up about because the geese are "force fed"... actually what I've heard from farmers that do that-- the geese don't mind at all... and they are killed just before they are in any pain from the enlarged livers.

I have had goose liver pate, but I prefer the "country style" pates that are made from pork

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm not fond of liver either... But, liver from freshly processed, home raised chicken, fried up in bacon fat... That's a different story! YUM!!!

Hubby shared an internet statement with me last night. Let's see if I can get it right?

"Scientists are bragging because they can take plants and make them taste like beef."

"I don't know why they are so proud of that. Cows have been doing it since the beginning of time."

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We like fried chicken liver and gizzards, but I only save them from young chickens. Older chicken parts go for dog food.

Got to get going and get outside chores done. Got laundry to do, pies and cornbread dressing to make.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I will be making pies and rolls today - boiling sweet potatoes also. Heading north 30 minutes to the folks place for the Thanksgiving meal.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad we don't have anywhere to go. We have about a foot of snow in our driveway, and the road to the highway hasn't been plowed either. Whatever I missed in my shopping for our Thanksgiving feast we will just have to make do without.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cornbread dressing is made, grapefruit salad is made, got the sweet potatoes set out, they are next and got 2nd load of laundry in the dryer.