Happy Thanksgiving

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fords are junk. Bummer to lose the truck though. Maybe next time he'll buy a Chevy. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If Ford's were engineered better, they would be good trucks. Something went stupid in the early 70's though and they changed a lot of mechanical stuff and how it operates. I mean to have the oil pump, that runs off the cam shaft is just plain dumb, in my mind. So you throw the timing chain and loose oil pressure at the same time, i mean duh... Engine suicide supid, stupid, stupid...

But then again Chevy's are a just little better engineered. Currently I have a knock sensor out on my pickup. It's not anything detrmental, it just feeds data to the computer to adjust timing to increase MPG. But in order to replace both knock sensors, I have to remove the intake manifold because the sensors are under the intake :( again stupid engineering... They could have placed the knock sensors on the outside of the engine block just as easily. But no... Let's make them tear down the top of the motor to replace them. Again pretty stupid in my mind... Duh

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's pretty much it. My 80 chevy malibu was still pretty easy to work on. We even changed out the engine ourselves. The 77 chevy impala was even easier.

Couldn't do much for the 2003 chevy monte carlo we had. The 09 nissan frontier is pretty much not for us to work on. We can do a few things on the 97 ford 150, but even that we can only do a few things on.

I have nothing for working on the computer stuff and now days it's better in the long run for us to take stuff to our favorite local shop

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The 55 Chevy truck my DH had was so roomy under the hood that you could get right inside to work on it if you wanted to... lol

Latest posts