Has Anyone Here Tried Aquila Interceptor .22's?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to stock up on some more ammo, and was wondering if anyone here has tried this particular type.

It's advertised as 1470 fps in 40 grains, and that is very fast .22 ammo. However, I have read conflicting reviews regarding how clean burning it is, accuracy, etc. Thanks for any insight.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I personally have never tried it. I read the bad reports and decided it just wasn't worth the effort. To much other, higher quality ammo out there for me to mess around with something that may or may nor work. As far as speed goes? I just picked up a .17 caliber rifle and pistol and stocked up on that as well as the .22 stuff. Just my nickles worth.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have been using Remington Viper. It's 36 grain (I believe), has a velocity of 1410 fps, and is a good bit cheaper. But I always like to have a variety of ammo to use for different purposes.

My pellet gun drove off on me a few months ago, and chances are I won't see it again. My aunt borrowed it, and then her son borrowed it from her without asking. He says he loaned it to a friend, thinking that it belonged to his mom (and that makes it ok, how???), and he hasn't heard from the friend since. Nice guy. :somad I guess that it's time to order a new one.

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have not used that exact stuff, but I do use the SSS 60 grain subsonic made by Aguilla all the time and love it. It is not that dirty and it hits like a ton of bricks. Also the Colibri 20 gr. with the double primer and no powder is nice. I like to use it around the house for shooting starlings. Very quiet stuff and is like shooting a hot pellet rifle.