Hatch with me: WHODAT?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Updates, please.....:p
Well, no new chicks. The first one came from a small egg, and the rest were normal sized eggs. So I think it was just early........

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Still none, I dont know what I have done wrong its almost the 22nd day. They are still alive.......

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Late bloomers???? I am glad for the ones you have and still have hope for the rest! Do you have to go to school today and leave them alone?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
snapshot said:
Late bloomers???? I am glad for the ones you have and still have hope for the rest! Do you have to go to school today and leave them alone?
No school today but I think we are going somewhere.....

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
any new news..????.i haven't commented but i secretly have been following your thread... :caf

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They need a twiddling it's thumbs, then pulling it's hair out smilie - I'm trying to be patient, but want to see more baby chicks! :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Well I called my chicken man and he said to mist the eggs every hour....and its helping so we will see how it does :caf

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have you tried candling them again? How high was your humidity during incubation? If it was too high them the chicks get too big for the shell and can't hatch. I've had that happen several times.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I cooked the chicks :hit

But I got em out of the egg myself, and the first two are recovering. One had membrane burnt onto it , but its doing okay now. They are being a fed warm water with sugar and feed mixed in, its helping them too. They are dehydrated but Im working hard to get em back on track. I know survival rate is not supposed be high at all when this happens but Im trying my best to help them......