Hatch with me: WHODAT?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs Next time you will have a little more experience! Everytime something goes wrong it is a learning experience and it goes wrong with ALL of us. I should be a professional by now with as many unexpected things I've had go wrong with incubating and hatching, but I'm still learning too. My main problem here was it is already a humid climate and I was told you HAD to keep water in the incubator and I lost so many fully formed beautiful chicks that would pip and never hatch or never even pip. When I would break open the eggs there would be perfectly formed chicks ready to hatch dead in the shell because they got too big for the shell and couldn't maneuver around to pip and zip. I dropped my incubating humidity and started getting almost 100% hatches sometimes (provided nothing else went wrong! :p)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thanks you guys! :hugs But I will know next time!

Update, Whodat (the first one, we named it :p ) is doing great! The buff is alive, it made it through the night and day but its still poor but hopefully I will be able to revive it. Im killed from getting up so much last night, they wore me out!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Kids will do that to you.
:lol: I just went to check on the buff chick it aint doing to hot :/ But I have the energy water, and crumbles out. Its just weak I suppose....

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I hope at least the last two make it!!
The first one will for sure (Whodat) its fine and has been it hatched out first......