Have I gone overboard on Recycling/Reuse?

LauraJean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
McNugget said:
:ep Maybe thats why folks think I've gone overboard, it's an herb pot not a flower pot... hmmm.... I guess I won't tell them WHICH herbs came from the bathroom fixture :duc
Yeah, that's what I was thinking: flowers, sure. Herbs, um, ok, but I don't think I'd be showing them off and them offering them to anyone, lol.

I can hear it now: "Don't buy herbs from McNugget, they're really crappy...." :gig

Just teasing, I'm always for reusing anything I can!

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think I would plant nastursiums.. Sorry if i spelt that wrong.

They would hang over the edge a bit. And the flowers are edible..

ellie_may12

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey...I'm doing something much more disgusting...My child still wears pull-ups to sleep in. Most mornings they are completely dry, so I will take them off of her and reuse them as many times as possible. When she wakes up with wet ones, I get out my rubber gloves, yank out the wet lining and put it in my compost pile. I figure the urine will help heat up the compost, the cotton will break down and they little polymer absorbent gel will help keep my potted plants wet longer...And I'm putting less in a landfill. Oh, how I wish I had thought of this when she was younger!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
ellie_may12 said:
Hey...I'm doing something much more disgusting...My child still wears pull-ups to sleep in. Most mornings they are completely dry, so I will take them off of her and reuse them as many times as possible. When she wakes up with wet ones, I get out my rubber gloves, yank out the wet lining and put it in my compost pile. I figure the urine will help heat up the compost, the cotton will break down and they little polymer absorbent gel will help keep my potted plants wet longer...And I'm putting less in a landfill. Oh, how I wish I had thought of this when she was younger!
You should try cloth overnight pants, she'll KNOW when she pee's and will become more aware of it, and you'll save some $$$

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
My kids would totally use the bathroom outside in that!!! :lol:

Didn't someone say pee is good for plants, though?

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's another use for old discarded thrones:

1343_firepit_seating.jpg

Imagine sitting out by the fire pit with your old pals.

ga_goat

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I've2 for seats out around the chicken yards , 3 with strawberries in them out back , useing 4 kitchen sink discards for nest boxes in the hen houses ,,and a couple of old bathroom sinks also . Have an old bathtub in the duck pen. shucks recycling is a way of life around here .