Have you ever considered giving up on being SS?...Spoke too soon???

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Leta said:
No, I'll never give up.

I am in the U.S. Born and raised here. Something in the cultural installation process happened backward with me. I want the opposite of what everyone else has. I want a tiny house, with few possessions, I want the freedom to live on as little money as possible. Poverty level, that's my goal.

I played the game briefly in my early 20s. I cannot describe how bored I am with chasing money. So I have designer clothes, a nicer car, a new gadget... and? Then what? Who cares? I am not interested in people who are concerned with the "status" of others.

So to move away from SS... that isn't just a change in lifestyle, that's a change in who I am at my core. And I like my core, TYVM.
Me too. Living a full life on less money, with less "stuff", is liberating!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I just got a thank you card from one of our recent house guests. One line was something like, "Thank you for showing me how to live so simply." What a major compliment!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Leta said:
No, I'll never give up.

I am in the U.S. Born and raised here. Something in the cultural installation process happened backward with me. I want the opposite of what everyone else has. I want a tiny house, with few possessions, I want the freedom to live on as little money as possible. Poverty level, that's my goal.

I played the game briefly in my early 20s. I cannot describe how bored I am with chasing money. So I have designer clothes, a nicer car, a new gadget... and? Then what? Who cares? I am not interested in people who are concerned with the "status" of others.

So to move away from SS... that isn't just a change in lifestyle, that's a change in who I am at my core. And I like my core, TYVM.
This is one of my favorite quotes by Henry David Thoreau!

"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."

That sums up my view on this life!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Gosh, and my philosophy was summed up by that Cheryl Crow song (Soak Up the Sun?) that has the line

Its not having what you want.
Its wanting what you got.....

S

sunsaver

Leta said:
No, I'll never give up.

I like your attitude, Leta! My goal is to live comfy on zero income. Below poverty level!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I like your attitude, Leta! My goal is to live comfy on zero income. Below poverty level!
i like to tell my tax lady that i want to make $0..... just to watch her head spin around. hee hee hee hee

S

sunsaver

ohiofarmgirl said:
i like to tell my tax lady that i want to make $0..... just to watch her head spin around. hee hee hee hee
Ha! Ha! Ha! That's a good one, OFG! :lol:

S

sunsaver

freemotion said:
I just got a thank you card from one of our recent house guests. One line was something like, "Thank you for showing me how to live so simply." What a major compliment!
Must be a great feeling, being recognized for your efforts!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I guess we can never have a big 'ole SS meetup somewhere in the middle of the U.S. - we're all gonna be too poverty stricken to get there! :lol: