Have you ever considered giving up on being SS?...Spoke too soon???

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
The past 2 summers have been really hard on me, weather wise. It was so hot early on in the summer last year. This year we've barely had 3" of rain since early May. I can water the garden every day and it still looks like it's on it's last leg. The blister beetles are attacking my beans and tomatoes, and I finally broke down and bought some Pyrethrin spray. It's a no-win situation. Either I spray and have to wash my produce, or I don't spray and get NO produce. I don't have time to hand pick off every blister beetle, plus look for their eggs.

Thank goodness I did not order any broilers this year, and I'm so glad about that. We still have a decent amount of chicken in teh freezer, and it's so nice having less work for chores. The heat wave we're in is awful though...I dont' want to do ANYTHING but sit inside in the AC.

I want it to be winter so I can sit and knit and bake. :D

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our last 2 summers(?) here have been crazy too, but for the opposite reasons. Almost NO heat here. So far this year I think we've only had about 4 days total that has been over 80. Most of the time it's cloudy & cool. Yesterday we had thunder, lightening & rain in the morning but did finally clear off late in the afternoon but with little heat. Maybe mid 70's.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Right now, those mid 70s sound good to me. We were in the mid 90s today. But, that's better than the 100 + temps we had last week. :th