Having a bad day :(

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I guess I just need to spill it to someone and looks like it s you all.

I had mentioned at one time that we were dealing with a foreclosure on our home. Well our 'get out' date is Jan 4th. We found a house to move into that is pretty nice, it has a pool which will be a nice outlet for the kids and help ease the pain of the transition by giving them something positive to look forward to (a fun summer!)

I have been looking for a job, one came up at my little one's school, but that is not panning out. I am feeling a lot of stress and anxiety....not just over the move, but I just feel financially vulnerable and am frustrated that it is so hard to find a job. I am so filled with anxiety I am not making much progress on the house or packing....I am just hovering on craigslist looking for a job. I feel a bit stuck.

As relived as I am to get out from under the burden of our house, I am overwhelmed at the thought of moving and coming up with the money we will need...plus we are so close to the holidays and I have not bought one thing.

I know that things always happen for a reason and I really do believe that when one door closes another opens, I know good things will eventually come out of this transition. Deep down I am grieving not just over the loss of the house, but over the loss of my dream to transform my property into an urban homestead, chickens, ducks and lots of fruit trees & shrubs expanding my garden....these things were all on my dream to-do list and now I feel like It has just been ripped away from me.

Gotta get my head on straight and look towards the future and try to find the open door....

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh Dace, that is so hard! You are so right though, when God closes a door He opens a window, you just have to trust that He is doing the right thing for you! And He really really is, even if you can't see it right now. Relax and know that although your future may be different than you expected, it is still bright and exciting! Believe that!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Thanks MC....I needed that. You made me cry, but that is ok...I have just bottled it all up and held it so deep, to protect my loved ones, that I think it is just all bubbling up.

More than anything else, I just fear that the lifestyle that I dream of is moving too far out of reach.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Dace, sometimes a really good cry gets rid of alot of the anxiety that is building up. I just went through this a few days ago...cried for two days straight...and boy do I feel better about everything now:>) Just trust, seriously. You know if you ever really need a good jumpstart, Joyce Meyer has some really good reads out there...and best of all she makes the best sense I've read in a long time:>) Nothing should ever get you down as far as she's concerned..and she'll have you convinced too in the first chapter

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Bad days are the pits, aren't they?

Dace, I know "things" are hard. But they are just things. Try to keep focused on your blessings! You have a great spirit that will get you through. Temporary set backs don't have to mean the end of a dream. Remember that little pitchers have large ears and learn by our behaviors. My trick is cry like a mad woman in a hot shower. You can say you just got soap in your eyes. ;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hang in there, Dace! Moving alone is overwhelming--let alone having to do it b/c of foreclosure and at Christas time to boot! You will be stronger and wisetr b/c of it.

Check out Flylady for moving tips-she is great when you are feeling overwhelmed.:

http://www.flylady.net/pages/Flying_MovingTips.asp

Set aside a set amount of time to look for a job, but first you need to get moved.

Baby steps. You'll get there, and you will be better for it. I know this seems like a difficult time, but often great things happen in difficult situations that you might never have experienced had the bad times not happened--did that make sense?

We are here for you!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Morel thanks for the book suggestion, I will look into it. I could use some motivation right now.

Keljonma I know that you are in the same boat as me...thanks for the support...and yes the shower is a good place to let it out!

North thanks for the link, I think you are right...moving is what I need to focus on right now. Sometimes my head just gets to spinning and I don't know which way is up anymore! I know that you are right about this leading to something great...I really do believe that, I think I am just overwhelmed right now with too much to try to deal with at once.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yup, come here and dump on us....we are here to listen.
I think this forum is just great to dump some pent up feelings and it makes one feel good to LET IT OUT!!!!!!

Have a good cry. It also helps relieve stress. Don't feel bad about crying....after you feel so much lighter! GO FOR IT and if you were here with me...I would be bawling right along with you!!!! :hit

You are dealing with a tough situation. BUT you are certainly SO LUCKY to have a house to move to!! That is all that matters. You have somewhere to go. Smile and be so thankful you have the next step. Don't ever worry what is behind you! Never. Just worry about that new home and getting settled and then you can tackle all those dreams in the future.

We put so much stock in "what ifs" for the future. Don't. Worry only about today and worry only about the holiday and making it great for the kids and you and DH. Future plans are just that...in the future. They eventually come cause we work hard to achieve them, but sometimes we must just "live in the now"

So smile and live in the now this very minute! Go pack a box, think of the new home and how cozy you can make it, gather up some holiday cheer! :)

I know you sure are a good SS person.....you will make do. You feel vulnerable, who wouldn't. But life changes at the drop of a hat....we just think we can control it..HA HA....so you move forward Dace and don't look back!

And come here and chat alot! It makes ya feel good to unload the worries and lightens up the spirit.

God will guide your way. Just let it happen and go with the flow of things. Don't fight the present. It will all even out for you! Take care! And a hot bubble bath also relieves stress...go for it! :)

Ya'll are in my prayers for an easy and comfortable move!

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aw Dace, I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time. I know that you will make it all work!

Hugs,
Mary

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Karen, thanks so much for the heart felt reply. Focusing on the now is very good advice. When I complained to a wise friend one day about how I just wish things would settle and I did not have to deal with all of this unknown, he reminded me that without the unknown there would be no wonderful surprises or opportunities, life would just be a predictable rut. I try to keep that in mind.

You all are so wise and seem to know just what to say. I appreciate everyone taking the time to try to lift my spirits...you all are wonderful.

The Flylady site is great by the way...I am already starting to formulate a plan and feeling a bit like my head is starting to clear.