Having a bad day :(

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace-- This is just a new way for you to improve your "sufficient self"!!!

If there's anybody else out there who is in the same situation, forced to move and all... I would recommend moving to the midwest. There are some pros and cons though. Job prospects are not that hot, but the cost of living is WAY less than on the coasts. Plus housing is rather cheap. A decent, 2bedroom house in my town is selling for $35,000. Rural areas are good places to live right now, especially if you have a little land to grown some food, cut wood, etc.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dace I am so sorry to hear of your f/c. The new home will be great. And you know what. I am close enough to help you. If there is anything I can do, even if it's just carry boxes or help with the new place. Let me know. I am not afraid of hard work. Truly I find it helps me keep my mind off my problems. Take care of yourself. Gina

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Awww, I am just so touched by all of your kind words!

I know things will all work out, just keep the faith and be prepared for anything right?

I am thankful to have you all to bounce my crazy thought on :love

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I found that my county/state has a free program connected to job services/unemployment that teaches about updating resumes, filling applications, email application cover letters and interview help. I took a couple weeks of these free classes and they have many sites online for local jobs. I wouldn't rely solely on CraigsList for employment, but look into what your county offers.
I met some great people at these classes that gave me loads of ideas to explore, too. Time well spent.

I hope things brighten for you soon!