having trouble switching threads and logging in.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
I'm here in No. CA. I wonder where their server(s) are? If so, then yes, we've got over 500K ppl without power via one provider, PGE.
I'm guessing near where Nifty is - isn't he in No. Cali somewhere?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Same here...and I was cussing my computer...im sorry computer..you know I love you! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Me too...but it stopped! I just opened two SS windows and alternated until one worked. :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Yep, only on here. For a while I thought my 54 tabs open were too many, but nope. I'm glad that you brought this up. :/
You do that too? :D I was having problems too, so I just got up and started supper.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry for the problems. We're troubleshooting the issues and will keep you posted as we find a resolution.

We've got 3 guys trying to determine where the problem is and try to fix it. Kinda illusive since it shows up, goes away, comes back... kinda like when you take your car in to the mechanic and it stops "making that sound"... until you drive it home. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your patience.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
We think it was tied to the updated BSA section on BYC (since all the sites are on the same server system).

We restored the previous version and things seem okay now. If there are any other errors please let us know what they say and when you saw them.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Server issues:
server-load-cpu-high.gif

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, Nifty...while we have you here.....there seems to be a glitch with the new opening page thingy. Whenever I skip over to BYC and then come back, I have to go through the Home Page....only the date is still Jan. 10.

Then I click on the forum link and it takes me to the forum per usual....but it is also Jan. 10 forum material. Then I have to click on recent posts to get a current board.

Anyone else having this problem? Any chance of being able to skip the Home Page and go directly to the forum, like on BYC?

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
A few peeps have mentioned that the post date of the article is being confused as "current date". I'll see if there is a way to make that more clear.