Having trouble uploading pics.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
See-you can upload pics too. did you use photobucket or SS's uploads. Oh, and Dac, I did click on the resize button.

TF, is tha a spruce beetle? (don't know the real name)
We had them alot when I lived up north. Annoying.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
IMG_2843.jpg

OK, now Photobucket is acting different but I got it to work.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
OK, I'm rying to upload a pic again, and now I can't. I don'tt use photobucket, just this sites uploads. Is it temperamental?

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
If you have a jpg or gif image that isn't too bid (under 2mb) then it should upload just fine. I've never had a problem uploading images using the upload tool on this site or any of the other BYC sites.

If anybody has an image they consistantly can't upload to this, or any of the other sites, email it to me: support@ this domain name

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, I often have the same problem as you miss-thenorth, my pictures are usually not recognized as JPEG, even though they are. I've kind of given up and have resorted to adjectives when I want to share an image! :p

herbsherbsflowers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am trying to upload from photobucket and nothing is happening. I copied the img code from photobucket and when I try to upload it as an avatar nothing happens. Maybe I should wait and see what happens another day. This is kind of frustrating.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
herbsherbsflowers said:
I am trying to upload from photobucket and nothing is happening. I copied the img code from photobucket and when I try to upload it as an avatar nothing happens. Maybe I should wait and see what happens another day. This is kind of frustrating.
It might be too big, send it to me and I'll fiddle with it.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
herbsherbsflowers said:
We need more info.

When you say "upload" from photobucket, do you mean just showing the image from photobucket here?

Whats an example of the code you are trying to use and what is the link to the page on photobucket with the image?

You could always just upload images here: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploadimg.php

For those having problems uploading images the BYC using the tool above, send a copy of the image to support@backyardchickens.com and clearly state

1) that you tried to upload the image and it didn't work
2) the time / day you tried to upload the image
3) what error you received

herbsherbsflowers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well,

What I did was I went to my photobucket account. I resized the picture so that it would be right for the avatar. I saved it to my album. I clicked on the picture and chose the link that has IMG in front and back that is supposed to be used for forums and such. I copied it and pasted it into the browse space in the upload avatar place on the personality page on my profile. Then I clicked upload and nothing happens. It just sits there and stares at me and does nothing. I've done this before on BYC and never had a problem. Well, at first I did but I figured it out pretty quickly.