Hawk

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is Texas, we grow 'em big around here! We have great horned owls a plenty here. We can see them at night sitting in a tree. Okay "see them" really means if there's a full moon or back lighting we can see the silhouette against the sky when the trees lose their leaves. I also hit one about a month ago coming home from my sons house. Nearly broke my heart but he jumped off of a fence post and flew right into me. :( They're big! And bantams are teeny tiny birds and as best I recall they weren't full-grown. I had gone to the bathroom one night and looked out the window to see the little bantams perched on the fence under a security light. Saw that bugger swoop down, snatch up one of those chickens and fly off. It never made a sound and neither did the chicken....weird! Wish I'da had a game camera trained on the fence - but that was in the days before game cams.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We lost our only broody chicken to an aerial predator (I think it was an owl because it happened in the night- she had decided she didn't want to be in the coop at night and we couldn't change her mind)

Latest posts