He just doesn't seem to get it, go away!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Lupinfarm, I didn't realize how invasive he was, now I'm creeped out! Ask around to the people who have known him, see if he might have a violent past, hopefully not. If you have already told him NO TRESSPASSING, than I would call the cops too. If they don't do anything alteast there will be a record of his antics for future referances. Can't you tell the police that he scares you and your family and he is terrorizing you by approaching your house and you uninvited?

I don't like the law in Canada about tresspassing! :somad Going through a locked gate should be like breaking and entering especially if he is approaching windows etc. I can understand how creepy this would make you feel..especially if you have children. I would probably FLIP out momma bear style on him if I cought him looking in my windows!! Maybe he needs a very RUDE awakening.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, he didn't come back today. Yesterday Jim came over and started yelling at him for coming up our driveway after Jim had improved the little road he made for him.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Lupinfarm, Now that more info is available and we all better understand the entire situation (a lot of which was missing in your first post) you definitely need to inform the local law enforcement of the situation. Like I stated previously, people go ballistic in this country every day for some really small reasons.

I think a lot of the previous post were based on your first post which did leave out a lot of info. Involved someone named Jim who no one knew his relation to the entire situation or his agreement with Phil.

In light of further explaination and enlightenment I think everyone here pretty much agrees. Sounds like you have a potential problem on your hands.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Private property being private may be how YOU grew up FC (and how I grew up too) but by no means is that how things are done everywhere. Someone could just as well say to you "this land was my daddy's friend's land, and his daddy's daddy's friend's land, and they've hunted on it and stored their junk on it since time immemorial, and just because you *live* on it doesn't mean we should change what we're doing, same as just because I live on my land doesn't mean that so-and-so over there can't <do certain things he's been doing since forever>."

UH---what does this matter? Seriously.

It has been like this forever in my area now....many a "daddy's friend" etc. has used lands WHEN PERMITTED! And if new owners purchase land THEY are not expected to abide by "the old timey" ways. Simple fact.

New owners means new rules to be accepted...simple fact.

And if new owners want none of your business on their property even with the old ways, they have every right to say no and send you on your way or get the law involved. Simple fact again.

BUT I know Lupin will fix her problem...sounds like she has things starting to get under control...that is good for her cause this obviously is upsetting to their family and they have every single right in this world to have their privacy maintained.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Pat, there is only one person on the road whose family has been here for a significant amount of time, and they want him gone as well. Our neighbour, Jim, has been helping out a lot, and everyone on the street was GLAD when we moved in, because they were so sick of looking at a run-down, wasted piece of land. Everyone wants him gone, and he just wont go. He's, sorry about the language, *screwed over* everyone on the street and they'er all mad. Anyway, I've put up and padlocked a gate to the pass through, he hasn't been here today but he does drive truck out of Toronto...and by the way, he lives in Toronto now. The gate at the end of the driveway goes up Wednesday, and I've put the stuff he dumped on our land over the fence in his topiary patch (more like 3 acres of topiaries). After I put the gate up, if he comes up, the police get called, but unfortunately the police can't charge him with trespassing because he never does it at night (in Canada, its only trespassing by night, trespassing by-laws are civil law and we'd have to press charges).
Lupin a locked gate will be a great deterent.
We had some teenagers driving 4-wheelers down our dirt driveway and around our field lanes.....well it was fine until they drove thru the gardens and around the barns with the animals and such.

Told them to stick to the field roads and the dirt roads but they didn't....well they ruined it for themselves and we told them no more.......cause where they access our property...we built a fence. Yup, fences make for great neighbors..HA HA HA....we also put a lock on a gate there cause my friends ride horses thru my property and I gave Barb a key for her to get thru the gate and such if she rides that way.

So some people can surely abuse others private property. And when you need it stopped, I always say gates and fences make the best choice..LOL

hope it works well for you!!!!

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Lupinfarm...

Everyone has good suggestions, but I think he sounds mentally ill...

You're in a tough situation...I'd be very concerned too, in your shoes.

Keep a log of everything...his antics, your phone calls to authorities, etc...

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
2dream said:
Lupinfarm, Now that more info is available and we all better understand the entire situation (a lot of which was missing in your first post) you definitely need to inform the local law enforcement of the situation. Like I stated previously, people go ballistic in this country every day for some really small reasons.

I think a lot of the previous post were based on your first post which did leave out a lot of info. Involved someone named Jim who no one knew his relation to the entire situation or his agreement with Phil.
I agree with this and think the excellent insight Pat gave you was based on the information provided.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Got a fence? Got a large dog? Let 'im loose!

A flock of mature, large geese works pretty good, too!

I strongly recommend that everyone read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker. (Don't know how to underline here, sorry all English majors! :rolleyes: ) Although the title may not imply it, this is a VERY empowering book....all women, especially, will benefit greatly by reading it. Empowering, ladies, empowering.

Go with your gut.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I found out today that he's also been in our barn, we recently had a new well pump installed on the barn well and the other day I noticed some things had been moved, and the hayloft doors had been opened (we have a little one, and then a huge set of doors, and the large ones were opened..ones we never open). As well, the hayloft access door to the main barn was wrenched open (I usually leave it open a crack for the cats, but it had been forcibly opened). He said to mum, "You've cleaned a lot of the barn out, I see" well... He's been in our barn, and he's been taking water from our well to water his trees (theres a bunch of jugs round by the trees, and he mentioned that our well pump is nice).

Hum, well the gate goes up Wednesday and he won't be back for a couple weeks because he drives truck stateside. When he gets back, he'll find the gate locked, the barn locked, and signs everywhere saying that we'll prosecute for trespassers. He smokes, and I'm afraid he'll light-up in or near the barn and send it a-flaming and we're insured as a NON-SMOKING facility/farm and we'd be out of pocket for insurance coverage if he lit the barn up.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Yeah, that guy is bad news. I would have come unglued on this guy!! I couldn't imagine this happening to me! I usually don't get too riled up, but I cherish my privacy and hate snoopers!! I would be cussin and spittin and scratchin at him if this were to happen to me!:somad (Of course it is easy for me to be brave while I'm at my computer screen!!:lol:)

I can't wait to hear what happens when he figures out that he has been locked out!

Does it usually take that long for concrete to set up? I don't know how you held it together this long. Glad he is out of town for a while. Hang in there and keep us posted!