healthy vegetarian

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
abifae said:
Beekissed, does she eat lots of healthy fats, too?
Of course! :) She keeps herself informed and makes changes as new information arises.

Some folks are lucky and are naturally healthy. You cannot make scientific decisions based on anecdotal evidence.
Seeing as how the "scientific evidence" changes daily, depending on what scientists you are gleaning from, then anecdotal evidence can be very convincing. I will be the first to admit that I was highly skeptical when my parents started that kind of diet....until a month later when Mom's cholesterol, which couldn't be controlled with meds and her previous low-fat(scientific evidence had everyone eating low fat then, of course)diet, dropped from over 1000 to 120s.

I was even more impressed when my mother, previously in horrible pain with pancreatitis and in and out of hospitals, started regaining her natural health. My parents have never eaten processed foods, you understand. Healthy, home cooked and home grown all their lives....living off the land. Didn't work.

As a nurse, I've seen years of so-called scientific evidence based methodology when it comes to healthcare....I've given out millions of pills developed in that scientific method. In all these 18 years in nursing I've never seen one patient returned to homeostasis like I witnessed in my mother and father. Ever.

That's all the evidence I needed! ;) I even went on a modified version of what they were eating, lost 75 lbs and regained good health as well. I'm a believer.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
abifae said:
FarmerChick said:
but I sure believe there are definitely healthy vegan and vegetarian menus out there to live on for life. No 2 eating plans will ever be good for everyone. People individually can easily pick and choose foods that suit their needs to promote good health.
Yeh. The post was to find articles on doing vegan a HEALTHY way lol. Since his method is also low fat. The two do NOT combine with any healthful outcome. His wife wouldn't mind him being vegetarian a la the healthy examples here. She just doesn't want him killing himself.
low fat....ah

if you are a vegetarian, I assume this person will do dairy and eggs???? it is funny how vegetarian diets vary. I see things like "I am vegetarian but only eat chicken' or 'fish' etc. This person hasn't actually decided how 'vegetarian' they will become???

wow vegetarian is not something I could ever do. I am a meat hound LOL

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Bee...when you study the studies the medical advice becomes veeeerrrryyyy interesting. The whole low fat thing was based on one study by one guy who cooked his numbers. But he was politically connected so it became THE way to do things with disasterous results.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking...it's a socially acceptable way to be anorexic. So is he unhelathy NOW? Why the sudden need for a change? It's just weird.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I wonder about people who do a monster change in their eating. Not just a change, being very radical. Very hard to do also. Most I would think truly can't do it unless the commitment is huge.

it is soooooo simple to eat good and eat tons of great foods, and that meat is definitely included lol

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Abi's room mate pulls this on a regular basis. He uses vegetarianism as an excuse to either live on junk food OR starve himself. And he wonders why his brain cooties keep getting worse :rolleyes: