Heart Surgeon Speaks out on What Really Causes Heart Disease

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I haven't read the article yet, but from what y'all are saying I'll have to when I have a bit more time.. My asthma has been causing me issues here lately. Had an allergic reaction to my asthma meds after 5yrs and this blasted smoke isn't helping matters any.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
also many natural foods are inflammatory. it is surprising what good foods you would think we really should avoid.

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
also many natural foods are inflammatory. it is surprising what good foods you would think we really should avoid.
This response is too open-ended for me. ;) Please elaborate.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12276

here is the other thread I started a while ago.

the link shows the inflammation factor of foods we eat. It is interesting if you want to stay away from inflammation in the body it is wiser to eat less inflammatory foods. that way the body can easily digest etc.

I was reading up on alot of this stuff and find it very interesting.

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12276

here is the other thread I started a while ago.

the link shows the inflammation factor of foods we eat. It is interesting if you want to stay away from inflammation in the body it is wiser to eat less inflammatory foods. that way the body can easily digest etc.

I was reading up on alot of this stuff and find it very interesting.
Thanks! *starts reading*

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I read the omega 6 is a bad boy in the body also.
You're right, though I think it may be the imbalance of omega 6 to 3 that is the big cause of trouble. I think, if I remember correctly, that the body needs balance between omega 6 and 3, and that most vegetable oils and oils that processed foods are cooked with are heavy on omega 6's. CAFO Eggs also have poor balance of omega 3 to 6.

Natural foods are inflammatory, but I would say that for most people the damage is the processed foods. If you're eating a processed diet, then cutting out naturally inflammatory foods won't do much good :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree. the link I provided gives the 'values' of foods. I liked it for knowing info. on the 'real' foods I eat.

it is all a little bit of info to help add in general to everyone's food knowledge. you gotta do what you will with it :)