Hello from frozen Wisconsin...

Carla D

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im no guru but ive had them a couple years

Best thing i can tell you is keep em cool. ....and if the temps spike 110°f bring them inside. :D
What about the cold? We are having teams between -25 to about 10 degrees this week. Anything I should think about for that situation?

Carla D

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WI is a good state for homeschooling! There are so many homeschoolers in west central WI! WI also has great public virtual charter schools - if you don't feel up to teaching but don't want to put her in bricks-an-mortar public school. Menomonie is halfway between us, if you ever want to meet up that would be a good place! I've heard they have a very good natural food store, and there's ALDI, so I've been planning to wander down to Menomonie for grocery shopping sometime. Eh, maybe when it's not -20 degrees. I've been spoiled by the mild start to winter!
That sounds like a really nice idea.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
What about the cold? We are having teams between -25 to about 10 degrees this week. Anything I should think about for that situation?
Shelter from wind - especially wind coming up from the under the cage. They like to burrow, so fill a box with hay. Lunch, burrowing, insulation.

I had rabbits in my barn in community pens that were 4' x 6'. 3 - 4 does could live in them peacefully, if they had plenty of boxes and shelves and spaces to get away. I filled them with hay twice the height of the tallest rabbit. They burrowed into the hay. That was my favorite part about community pens. I don't have rabbits anymore. I miss them - but not in winter!

Carla D

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Shelter from wind - especially wind coming up from the under the cage. They like to burrow, so fill a box with hay. Lunch, burrowing, insulation.

I had rabbits in my barn in community pens that were 4' x 6'. 3 - 4 does could live in them peacefully, if they had plenty of boxes and shelves and spaces to get away. I filled them with hay twice the height of the tallest rabbit. They burrowed into the hay. That was my favorite part about community pens. I don't have rabbits anymore. I miss them - but not in winter!
Thank you. I’ve already given them lots of burrowing material, lunch, and insulation.