Hello from New Mexico

Redblue

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello there,

I have just joined this forum. I currently live in New Mexico and was curious to know if there are self-sustainable communities here in New Mexico that are open to the public. I'd like to get to know people who live this lifestyle in person.

Thank you

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome Don't know about anything like that since I don't live there, but feel free to ask any questions you want to. We'll do our best to answer them.

Redblue

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. In what section of this forum should I post this question?

BillSchi

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Visiting Truth or Consequences New Mexico is what gave me belief that self sufficiency is very doable. Although the climate is completely different than Minnesota, adjustments can be made.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Thanks. In what section of this forum should I post this question?

It depends on what you want to know. If you have a question about livestock, you'd ask in that section of the forums. If you have a question about gardening, you'd ask in that section..

Redblue

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Visiting Truth or Consequences New Mexico is what gave me belief that self sufficiency is very doable. Although the climate is completely different than Minnesota, adjustments can be made.

I have never been to TC. I have been looking for lands in the North, around Taos. I found one called Earthship, but it would be great to know more communities around that area.