Hello from Newfoundland

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My neighbour had his backyard cleared last week and the driver scraped some of mine as well. I posted HERE. He cleared a huge mess and a well established line of brambles in about 4 days. Your brother should be able to help you a LOT with the excavator! Those things are amazing :)
Yes its amazing what they can do. I wish he was coming sooner lol. He makes it look so easy.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It IS easy! Those things can save you a ton of work and time, take it from me. It took me weeks to clear and dig over half the area the digger did in a few weeks in my neighbour's yard :th

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So, @sumi . did you get him to dig for you, or are you left to do it by hand?
I just spoke to him a little while ago. He's back after the Easter 4-day weekend and brought some fencing stuff. He asked what I need to do here still (a LOT) and said he'll scrape the area I had my vegetables in for me, before he takes the digger out :) That's very nice of him! And very helpful at the moment, as the weeds have taken over that area during the mild winter.

I went and killed my cellphone over the weekend and need to buy a new one, or get that one repaired, so my budget is not going to stretch to digger hire for at least another few weeks and by then the fencing will make my backyard inaccessible for vehicles.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi my wife and I moved out of the city last year and started our homestead with our 3 dogs and 2 cats. We have since added chickens and turkeys and just added 3 pygmy goats. We have been renovating our cabin and added a small solar system that we plan to eventually expand to hopefully get fully off the grid. I am interested is also adding a wind turbine and possibly a water turbine. We will be expanding our vegetable garden this year and building a greenhouse.
Welcome from Kansas, USA!

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome from Michigan! My mom is from Newfoundland. I always loved to hear her stories. When we visited in the 70s some things were still primitive compared to the US.

Last edited:

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome from Michigan! My mom is from Newfoundland. I always loved to hear her stories. When we visited in the 70s some things were still primitive compared to the US.
Some things still are lol. Especially is you live out side the metro areas

Latest posts