Hello from rural New Jersey

McCulloch610

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok, you can stop laughing now. Despite what some of you may think there are some beautiful rural parts of New Jersey where farming, hunting, fishing, etc...are still a way of life. I live in Hunterdon County for those of you who are familiar. My wife and I relocated here from other rural parts of the state eight years ago, but now that I have a new job we are looking to move out of the small house on a 1/4 acre in a subdivision to a little more house and a LOT more land. I'll post the details in another thread with some specific questions, but basically we want enough land to be able to raise some small animals (chickens, rabbits, turkeys, maybe a goat or two, etc...), have enough room for a decent garden, and to be able to at least bow hunt deer and turkey. Looking forward to learning a lot here!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome And yes, NJ does have some beautiful areas as well as a lot of open space. I'm way south of you near the Gloucester/ Salem/Cumberland county border.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from northeast Texas. Don't laugh, we don't all own oil wells and we don't ride horses to work. I have horses, but they are too slow for the highways. :lol: