Hello from the southern hemisphere

TheFatBlueCat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi all,

I found this site from the back yard chickens sister site. Looking forward to being here!
I live at the top of the South Island of New Zealand. I'm married with one daughter, and I'm really the only one in my family all that interested in this whole homesteading thing! We currently live with my extended family (4 brothers, 1 sister, 1 sister-in-law) in a very large but rather crowded house on the outskirts of a country town. My husband and I have purchased a property and we will be moving in the next month or so, which will be a very nice change!

I have a flock of 11 chickens, including the lovely rooster in my profile pic. I have a nice big garden, and I work in the commercial orchard industry, which is the main economic enterprise of the town I live in. I have lived a very rural lifestyle growing up, so not much of this is new to me, but I have found a deeper appreciation of producing for myself in the past few years.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to interacting here.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi all,

I found this site from the back yard chickens sister site. Looking forward to being here!
I live at the top of the South Island of New Zealand. I'm married with one daughter, and I'm really the only one in my family all that interested in this whole homesteading thing! We currently live with my extended family (4 brothers, 1 sister, 1 sister-in-law) in a very large but rather crowded house on the outskirts of a country town. My husband and I have purchased a property and we will be moving in the next month or so, which will be a very nice change!

I have a flock of 11 chickens, including the lovely rooster in my profile pic. I have a nice big garden, and I work in the commercial orchard industry, which is the main economic enterprise of the town I live in. I have lived a very rural lifestyle growing up, so not much of this is new to me, but I have found a deeper appreciation of producing for myself in the past few years.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to interacting here.

hello and welcome to SS from mid-Michigan USoA. :)

Latest posts