Help decorate SS for Halloween!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
As Halloween is just around the corner, Quail and I thought it would be fun to round up some of your photos for the occassion. You are welcome to submit photos of pumpkins you have grown, or carved pumpkins, pictures of your fall harvest, pictures of Halloween costumes you made, or any other Halloween related photos. If you all want we can post them on this thread and then you all can nominate the one you want to see for Halloween week.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Oh, how fun! This site is really developing into a great community!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nicole and I decorated today.

Got 2 bunches of corn stalks from the field, got 2 small scarecrows from the dollar store when they were a $1 each, then 3 little windsocks flying in the tree....and our nice pumpkin in the middle. (got the windsocks at the end of last year for .25 each)----but that is it...no more. Halloween isn't a big decorating time for me..LOL...I wait for Christmas and go all out! :)

If I can find the camera (I think it is in the camper?), then I will take a pic and post.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Here are some to start it off

239_merrill_posing_with_persimmons_and_pumkin.jpg

Our cat Merril with persimmons from our tree and a green pumkin in the background

239_2002980537_a192b5effa_m.jpg

A wheel barrow full of cinderella pumkins from our family farm display at the Harvest Fair

239_glowing_cat_jack-o-lantern.jpg

A pumkin I carved last year

239_2003611915_b01898f3b6_m.jpg

Our cat Merril next to a pumkin in the window

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cool
perfect halloween kitty--black...lol

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
If you guys want, you have our permission to go ahead and do a "picture of the day" or two during the holidays. :D

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We have two black kitties. Perfect halloween decorations. The little one is sleeping next to me right now. He has had a busy day chasing lizards and sparrows and chickens and playing hide and seek with the dog.
We have no orange pumkins this year. I don't mind, because the pumkins we do have (all volunteers) are good eating pumkins.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I love your photos, FarmerDenise! I particularly like the photo of the cat pumpkin you carved. I carved one like that when I was young, but it didn't come out as nice as yours. ;) Very nicely done. :D

Thanks Nifty . . . having a photo a day for the holidays sounds like fun!

Latest posts