Help me change my style! Bought a couple things!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Went to JcPennys and I bought this in brown for $7.50!
http://www.stylecaster.com/shop/pro...rthington-puff-sleeve-shirt-dress-viking-blue
I also got a pair of boot cut jeans :love

So. The dress. I could not pass up that sale price, marked all the way down from $88. The skirt is straight cut, so it does not fit my curves.
I need to insert godet's :ep
Easy peasy, I know, but I'm uncertain as to where to place them!
There are pockets in the front sides, so those have to be taken into consideration.

Any ideas sewers?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My oldest son (the nomad) spends a lot of time in India, wears the native clothing when he's visiting us. The first time I saw him in a green and white plaid skirt...well...I didn't quite know what to say, other than to tell him that his boots didn't go with it.

He has brought back sari's, yards and yards of hand knotted and dyed silk. I just can't bring myself to whack them up, they are so gorgeous...and CHEAP. He has all his clothes hand made when he's there and they run him about $5 for a long shirt and pants!!!!

Anyway, I love the men's style, long, knee length tunic over rather full pants. I found simple patterns online when I googled 'modest clothes' or 'modest clothing patterns', can't remember now. It was a long time ago. Sorry, don't have any links to share. You can take in areas to give you more shape if needed.

What about simple muslin? My favorite fabric. You can hand paint it with any ol' paint, any pattern, then throw it in the wash and see what you get. I have used watered down acrylic paints with great results. I just painted on wet fabric, but do some testing before hand. I even painted little footprints on my daughters shorts with leftover white house paint. It went through the wash many times before I had to touch them up. I painted on dry fabric and let it dry completely before I washed it.

Another thing is simple embroidery around necklines, hems, etc.