HELP my 1st Pig

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy cow! That's NOT the excitement you want in the middle of the night. Hope its resolved itself by now. Hope your dog is ok!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Eek! How's everyone this morning??

I put my guard dog up and the little kit was gone this morning. All the animals are ok. My guard dog ain't as tore up as I initially thought.

My wife seemed to think it was a little tabby cat kitten. I didn't tell her it was a bob cat kit, but I'll break the news to her later today.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yup.

shopping

shopping

empire-carpenter-squares-3990-64_400_compressed.jpg

And a sheetrock square.

They help, but close is good as far as I'm concerned. :lol::lol: It might be because we haunt the reject rack at Lowes. If it is curved, bowed or flawed, IT'S MINE.:thumbsup

It's cool you build with ship planks. I like building with crappy lumber myself. Heck give me your crappiest lumber and I'll build something out of it. My kids tease me that I should build out of something "good" but that's why I have comealongs and big clamps to straighten out dimensional lumber. The truth of the matter even "good" lumber requires some "flingling" to make square and I get the the crappy lumber for at least 1/2 off :) so who's the fool now? no such thing as a perfect board so no sense in looking for one.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mr chopper's got until the first of December until he's going in the freezer and honestly it couldn't come soon enough. Mr chopper's is no problem, he's very easy to raise... But then again Mr Chopper is the problem, only because wild animals want to eat him.

I'm going to have to factor some kind of security system into my little pig pen that I'm thinking about building for spring feeders. If I don't come up with something good and secure, I'll just be feeding the Shawnee national Forest free meals.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Guess who's back? The stupid bobcat kit. It's pretty dumb and I think it thinks my guard dog is it's momma. Well at least my guard dog has got a new friend. I didn't see the kit all day. It gets dark and it's back - its sitting on the front door step. This is crazy I'm not keeping no bobcat as a pet.

Why do animals do this to me? A couple of years ago I had a coyote pup hanging around and eating with the cats off the back porch. I caught it and took it to the Friends of the Shawnee National Forest so they could care for it and release it back into the wild. I might have to do that same with his little bobcat kit.

IMG_20171024_203132342.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kinda makes ya wonder where "mama cat" is? Think your dog got her bad enough for her to be out of commission? or worse? Not that he shouldn't have - he was doing his job and did it well!

Latest posts