HELP my 1st Pig

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I would say Pork Chop has settled in nicely... She might start thinking she's a chicken here shortly. My two grand daughter and the mom even got in the chicken yard with her yesterday and she didn't seem to mind the company at all...

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's a little rooter and those eyelashes are something else.

IMG_20170926_165311647_TOP.jpg

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's awful cute. I have a soft spot for pigs. Makes it hard to eat them sometimes, but they usually do something to irritate you and make it easier!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's awful cute. I have a soft spot for pigs. Makes it hard to eat them sometimes, but they usually do something to irritate you and make it easier!
I noticed she's also starting to get more active. I think she likes being feed twice a day. Once in the morning and again in the evening. Plus she always has clean water to drink too. I think she'll be ok. Hopefully start putting on some weight soon too.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The rooster in the first picture looks huge!!

I bet she is happy, being fed twice a day is awful nice. Once you get her dewormed and used to eating regularly, she should gain just fine.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The rooster in the first picture looks huge!!

I bet she is happy, being fed twice a day is awful nice. Once you get her dewormed and used to eating regularly, she should gain just fine.

Those roosters are huge... We grow em big over here :cool:. I take animal husbandry seriously. Just waiting for it to cool off to process them. I have to process outside and won't do it if it's to warm. Don't want to take a chance on spoilage :confused:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
The birds and pig look great :thumbsup And it sounds like Miss Pork Chop settled in very nicely over there by you… Like @NH Homesteader said, they do tend to make the task a bit easier when the time comes, but doing something stupid or annoying. I know all about that! lol My favourite pigs were usually the ones that ended up escaping from the pen daily, or get aggressive, or start biting…