Help- my kitty is sick

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I just posted the full version of what's going on on my S S "my page". Here's the cliff notes version:
We still haven't been able to find a vet that we can take her to with no money. Got a phone # of a lady but she wasn't in. :barnie Try again tomorrow.
To answer a couple posts:
I wondered about diabetes too, because she used to be fat.
She hasn't been drinking much water and she's been spitting up after it.
The cat litter is a darker shade - so cant really see her pee color , but did not look bloody and she didn't act like it hurt to pee or anything like that. She's quite vocal when something hurts , so we would probably know.

I was looking through sites about pet diseases and ruling out some or seeing what might fit. Found out more about examining a kitty.
It hid some because of her dark coloring- but she has jaundice. Which means liver trouble. Once I looked up conditions that cause it- things fit too well. The treatment was pretty much "life support"- not healing. :hit

So, I've been crying alot today. My husbands been really been trying to help me deal with this. He says he isn't a cat person but he's a softie about almost any animals.
I'm supposed to try for a job tomorrow so I'm going to have to get myself together. At least in front of them. We survive on one income but we need two. Just part time but it's something.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am so sorry. I wish I could tell you something to do. We went through that with one of my dogs. The vet would not see him and wanted $60 just for a visit, no meds, or tests or anything. We took care of him ourselves. Unfortunately I was called a bad owner and told if I couldn't afford to take him then I shouldn't have him and all that. He got demodectic mange and hurt his hips all at once so I had a crippled mangy dog in my living room getting babied :/ after about a week and a half he got better and we got the mange cleared up. Now he is healthy and happy and wound up as ever. Don't give up on your cat yet. I would still try to treat for hairballs just in case. I hope for you that that is it and she will get better.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for being so caring!

Rebecca- I'm glad your dog is doing great. I'm not giving up on her.

Doesn't seem to be hurting and her attitude is pretty normal. If she's unhappy- she is the kind of kitty that tells the world about it. My old neighborhood called her bi!(#kitty. :lol: I'd just laugh cause she was all talk. She just didn't like dogs and didn't want anybody but me to pick her up. She mellowed with age and got fairly friendly too. She will come and lay on one neighbors lap when he visits. But it still has to be her idea.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dragonlaurel, I am so sorry about your kitty. I hope that things work out for her, and for you. I have found over the years that the only thing worse than losing my pets, to old age or illness, is to never have had them in my life at all. I just couldn't live happily without a cat or two (or five, at present :D) around the place, even knowing that their lives are so short compared with ours. Enjoy every minute you can with your girl.
And good luck with job interview.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
A local group agreed to help her :bow get checked and they have her now. As soon as they saw her- they said "she's a very sick kitty".
Looks like jaundice. We saw it yesterday and that's why I was pretty freaked out. She's never spent a night at a vet before. :hide

Now I have to just wait and hope. :hu :idunno :he Not good at dealing with feeling helpless!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If your cat has jaundice I doubt anyone will be able to help her. They can barely help people who get it and much of the treatment requires surgery if it is an obstruction issue.

I wish I got to this thread sooner.

All I can tell you is that when it comes to animals they should be getting mms frequently. My dog gets 6 drops in his water daily, in the unactivated form. Microbes and parasites are a big issue for them and some of those microbes and parasites can get into people also and you can have them for years before they actually make you sick.

I strongly recommend MMS.

This is a link to MMS's predecessor and you can read what it does for animals, as well as people.
http://www.nzymes.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17
Be sure to read their success stories.

MMS is just a stronger version of the above and much much less expensive.
this site has human testimonials that I have collected up and many have been verified
http://www.healthsalon.org/mms-testimonials/

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
By the time I started this thread - she was already very sick.
I worked in a huge natural foods store, in the vitamins section, so I'm familiar with a few similar products. We sold alot of Aerobic-o7 and Chloroxygen. But I didn't know what the problem was from until late.
She didn't like a brand of food we'd got- and was not wanting to eat it. When we got the kind she preferred- and she didn't start eating normally, we got nervous. I had to give a charity group temporary custody so they could authorize tests and treatment for her. I hated doing it but we had no money and she needed help. She is in liver failure and I have to go say my goodbye because it is time.