Help! Need ideas for Graduation Open House!!!

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have this same delima going on here. Our Graduation is going to be on the 7th. So for us it will be Sunday dinner. 4 families will be in our back yard, all from NC, GA, NY, FL, who knows where else, Oh, from VA to :)

I am thinking of BBQ (which I canned up a week or so ago), Fried Chicken Tenders (which I'll cook up ahead of time) and then Burgers & Hotdogs, but for the 2 graduates.....they will have a Ribeye Steak.

I am goin to ask the families to help with some side dishes & desserts. We are going to borrow the large grill from our church for the cook-out. Also we are going to borrow tables and chairs too (they will be set up the day before). I will also ask my neighbors if we can borrow their coolers for drinks, water & tea.

Hope all goes well with your cook-out. Congrats to the graduate :)

StonehavenFarm83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Acre of Blessings said:
I have this same delima going on here. Our Graduation is going to be on the 7th. So for us it will be Sunday dinner. 4 families will be in our back yard, all from NC, GA, NY, FL, who knows where else, Oh, from VA to :)

I am thinking of BBQ (which I canned up a week or so ago), Fried Chicken Tenders (which I'll cook up ahead of time) and then Burgers & Hotdogs, but for the 2 graduates.....they will have a Ribeye Steak.

I am goin to ask the families to help with some side dishes & desserts. We are going to borrow the large grill from our church for the cook-out. Also we are going to borrow tables and chairs too (they will be set up the day before). I will also ask my neighbors if we can borrow their coolers for drinks, water & tea.

Thank you. Congrats to your grads, too.
Mine is a homeschooler and heading to college in August. I usually head up large gatherings for church, but have never hosted something this large at my home. A little bit nervous and it's down to three weeks. Another question...Where is everyone getting their announcements/invitations? I would love to just take one of his photos and superimpose the typed info on it and mail out, but my programs aren't cooperating with me!!
Thanks!

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
StonehavenFarm83 said:
Acre of Blessings said:

Thank you. Congrats to your grads, too.
Mine is a homeschooler and heading to college in August. I usually head up large gatherings for church, but have never hosted something this large at my home. A little bit nervous and it's down to three weeks. Another question...Where is everyone getting their announcements/invitations? I would love to just take one of his photos and superimpose the typed info on it and mail out, but my programs aren't cooperating with me!!
Thanks!
Our is a homeschoolers also, the other kid is too.

I got the invitations at Office Depot, used the template that the company provides on their website, and went to printing. We then took a small picture and added one to each invitation (this picture was taken with a small digital camera and processed at Wal-Mart on the little Keosk machine)

BUT our Office Depot closed down right after I bought them so I got them at a great price.

You can also get them at Office Max, I have seen some nice ones there, too. I did getthe kit for the Diplomas there. It had enough for 12 diploma/certificates for $22, I already have our other childrens diplomas already printed :)