HELP PLEASE!!! MY DAD IS GOING TO GET RID OF MY DOG

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well this problem has been around for a long time. There was even a song written about it.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

3:19farmandoutdoors

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Dogs are unlikely to associate pain with predation behaviors. They're more likely to associate pain with the spot they were standing when they were shocked than with predatory behavior.

The only way this training works without high risk of poor welfare for the dog is when the pain is applied when the dog makes contact with the prey. That's clearly unacceptable for the cats' safety and welfare. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168159106003820

E-collars are high-risk and there's no evidence of benefit as compared to positive reinforcement training (such as predation substitute training)

:thumbsup:ep:ep:ep:ep:ep

3:19farmandoutdoors

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I defer to the dog expert. Gosh dang it, it would be so satisfying to see Buford do a double back flip at the press of a button, when he’s chasing sheep.
Like I said, I never used one, but got in a pretty good substitute when I was actually close enough to throw a horse brush at him one day as sheep and him ran by. Thud. Yell NO! Followed by more yelling and scolding. Something clicked in his brain.
are you saying you don't like the electric collar method?