Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
11/3
Made it through Halloween without too much fuss. It helped that it was a Friday night so there wasn't the usual time crunch. My son and husband went trick-or-treating down our street then I drove him to my parents' and a neighbor of theirs as well as the home of friends that is on the way.
The weekend went really quickly. Didn't seem to accomplish much other than the routine stuff.
Didn't get called to work today and planned to spend some time getting together packets with resume and letters of recommendation to go to two other school systems and it still hasn't happened. I went for a 2 mile hike this morning then had to get food for the birds. Stopped at JoAnn Fabrics and found a neat pattern for market tote bags that I can make for Christmas presents. Also found one for this neat thing to keep rolls warm. It kind of looks like a flower and you tuck one roll in between each section. Hard to describe. Not sure how complicated it might turn out to be. Also bought a goat book and requested a bunch from the library.
Paid some bills.
Spent a good hour stuffing envelopes and in discussion with the priest over the stewardship letter. Blech.
Dinner is simmering and after that I will be off to my first Cub Scout leader meeting.
Working tomorrow. My son has no school because his school is a polling place. He will be with my parents all day. In fact he will sleep over tonight. Tomorrow I'll be able to get up a little early and vote before work rather than fighting the crowds afterwards.
ETA:
It's bulky waste pick-up this week. My neighbor is throwing out a rabbit hutch! My husband is heading down there now to grab and bring it back. Two dog houses yesterday and a rabbit hutch today! All free. I'm seeing a silkie coop and run...... :cool:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Silkie Coop and Run....wow what a haul.

Be sure to post pics of those when you get it finished.

I wish someone would throw out a rabbit hutch around here. I will be adding a new rabbit cage this coming weekend or my babies won't be able to have room to turn around.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
2dream said:
Silkie Coop and Run....wow what a haul.

Be sure to post pics of those when you get it finished.

I wish someone would throw out a rabbit hutch around here. I will be adding a new rabbit cage this coming weekend or my babies won't be able to have room to turn around.
I know what you mean! I've posted on 3 different Freecycle sites since I knew I was getting quail and only got one response and that was just a rusty old indoor wire rabbit cage.
So here's the really funny part. It's not a rabbit hutch at all! I assumed it was because it was right next to the little dog house. It's actually a work bench! But the way it's built with some added hardware cloth and an enclosed area it could still be a really sturdy little coop! OR, I was reading a thread on BYC that gave me the idea of turning it into a chick brooder. But I sort of promised my husband no more chicks for a few years. LOL!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
great score on the dog houses and work bench. Work benches are sturdy and yup, can be turned into alot of things.

I love free stuff...HA HA

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
great score on the dog houses and work bench. Work benches are sturdy and yup, can be turned into alot of things.

I love free stuff...HA HA
Me too! I've been grinning ever since!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Free stuff is great!! It's amazing how something free can inspire the imagination.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
punkin said:
Free stuff is great!! It's amazing how something free can inspire the imagination.
I need more old sturdy work benches. I came up with another use-a base for a goat milking stanchion!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Ugh, another day and no work. Bank balance is looking scary. I took a chance and filled out an online application for a speech assistant position in our local school system. I have the education to qualify me for the position, except that I got my degrees over 20 years ago. The field of speech pathology has changed a bit since then. However this position has been posted since August so maybe they're desperate. I also checked off that I'd like to sub if that doesn't work out. Now I'm debating whether or not to get a packet together to send to another system I know is looking for subs. I think I will do that after dinner. I need to get away from the keyboard for a while. \
Dropped son at school then church letters that I stuffed last night got dropped at the PO, all 71 of them.
I called to clarify one subbing date next week and booked two more days! Only 3 days of school next week anyway and I'm now working all three.
Milkman just delivered. Better go get things in the fridge. It's warm out there today, 60 at least!
I think while I'm at it I will hang some clothes on the line.
I've got bread in the oven. Need to decide what to make next, english muffins or bagels. I think bagels.
Oh and I'm bringing a chicken to visit my son's first grade classroom right before the end of the day. He has asked for Henrietta one of my red stars. That should be fun!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Took Henrietta to school where she was a big hit. Only one boy was afraid of her. My son held her and walked around the circle so each could pet her if they wanted. The little boy with Autism especially liked her. We are printing out some pictures of her for him.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
How neat that you got to take a chicken to school LOL I bet the pictures will thrill the child with Autism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts